Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

1. Almost 15 Months Out-Progress Pictures-Exercise is Your Best Friend

So I am happy to report that I am almost 15 months out (2/3/18) and have been in maintenance for a while now. So far it has been easy. I love to run and strength train. It makes me feel strong. I think it helps make maintenance easier. I also have noticed a considerable amount of improvement in my loose skin due to exercising, especially around my knees. I am not embarrassed to wear shorts or skirts. I know it will continue to improve with continued exercise and good nutrition. I cannot stress ...
  2. Oh Yeah-Look What You Just Made Me Do-So Excited-Love My Sleeved Life

I am sooo very excited. So much good going on in my life. I have one more week left in my old department then I start training for my new job. I will be working as a First Party Injury Adjuster. I am really excited about my new role. I did find out who my new manager will be. I actually know her (sort of) because she was a friend of mines manager 2 years ago when I worked in a different department. Also, I already know 3 people who will be on my new team so that is exciting as well. So I ...
  3. 2018 is starting out fabulously!

So as many of you know, I interviewed for a promotion at work a while back. Didn't get it but it was great to be interviewed since they only interviewed 25 out of over 250 applicants. There are more positions opened so I applied again. Today I got an instant message to contact the hiring manager. I figured she had a question regarding something on my resume. Instead she told me that I did not need to interview and that they were offering me one of the 11 positions that are opened this time. ...
  4. Maintaining-Carbs-Back to School

Haven't blogged lately. Not a lot going on for my WLS journey. I am hanging tough at 113. I feel healthy at this weight. I am no longer low carb. I actually need the carbs to maintain my weight. I still focus on my protein and veggies but also eat grains now. Adding the carbs back in did not make me gain weight or give me any digestive issues.
    I am still running and getting ready for my half marathon. I feel strong when I run. It is such a great feeling. It is a time to unwind from ...
  5. Fantastic weekend

Today is my oldest son's 19th birthday! I can't believe it. Time has flown so fast. This is the first time in his life that we have not been together on his birthday. He is in California going to school. I miss him but I am so proud of the man he is becoming.
    Today was also the first day of week 5 of the C25K program. It wasn't too bad. But week 5 is the first week that the 3 days of running is not identical. The running today was 5 minutes, walk for 3 and repeat for 3 running parts. ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast