Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

1. Progress-Strong Woman-Running-Maintenance-Tryouts

Things are going great for this sleeved lady. New job training is over and just completed my first week of no longer being in training. Loving it. My manager is very pleased with how well I picked up the job. She has been able to give me extra work and I have been able to accomplish it all with no issues. The girl who sits next to me was sleeved in August. Not by my surgeon. She told me about being sleeved within a week or so of me joining the team. I did not tell her I was sleeved. Just ...
  2. Almost 15 Months Out-Progress Pictures-Exercise is Your Best Friend

So I am happy to report that I am almost 15 months out (2/3/18) and have been in maintenance for a while now. So far it has been easy. I love to run and strength train. It makes me feel strong. I think it helps make maintenance easier. I also have noticed a considerable amount of improvement in my loose skin due to exercising, especially around my knees. I am not embarrassed to wear shorts or skirts. I know it will continue to improve with continued exercise and good nutrition. I cannot stress ...
  3. Fantastic weekend

Today is my oldest son's 19th birthday! I can't believe it. Time has flown so fast. This is the first time in his life that we have not been together on his birthday. He is in California going to school. I miss him but I am so proud of the man he is becoming.
    Today was also the first day of week 5 of the C25K program. It wasn't too bad. But week 5 is the first week that the 3 days of running is not identical. The running today was 5 minutes, walk for 3 and repeat for 3 running parts. ...