Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

1. Progress-Strong Woman-Running-Maintenance-Tryouts

Things are going great for this sleeved lady. New job training is over and just completed my first week of no longer being in training. Loving it. My manager is very pleased with how well I picked up the job. She has been able to give me extra work and I have been able to accomplish it all with no issues. The girl who sits next to me was sleeved in August. Not by my surgeon. She told me about being sleeved within a week or so of me joining the team. I did not tell her I was sleeved. Just ...
  2. Another Pound Down-95 lbs lost-Running Like I Don't Care-Shake it Off!

Wow. I lost another pound. I am eating quite a bit so I was shocked when the scale went down again. I go to see my surgeon on the 15th of September. I will be 10 1/2 months post op. I am excited to see my surgeon and his staff. I have not been there since March, I think. I don't really like going out to his office because it is far. But I like seeing them, if that makes sense. I will have one more visit on my 1 year anniversary and then I will not go back unless I have issues. I have been ...
  3. Maintaining-Carbs-Back to School

Haven't blogged lately. Not a lot going on for my WLS journey. I am hanging tough at 113. I feel healthy at this weight. I am no longer low carb. I actually need the carbs to maintain my weight. I still focus on my protein and veggies but also eat grains now. Adding the carbs back in did not make me gain weight or give me any digestive issues.
    I am still running and getting ready for my half marathon. I feel strong when I run. It is such a great feeling. It is a time to unwind from ...
  4. 16 weeks-People are Talking-Getting my groove back

Conversation with a friend from work who had been out and I hadn't seen in about 2 months...
    Her- "People were talking about you..."
    Me-"Who's talking shit about me?"
    Her-"No they were saying how you were so tiny and shrinking."
    Me-"Oh! LOL. I thought I was going to have to fight someone."

So that really happened. I was happy for the compliments, though I have apparently been the talk of my training group (the ...
  5. My hips don't lie-14 weeks-New shoes-Another pound down-For the love of running

So I had to walk on my workout today. I have noticed over the last week or so that my hips have been hurting a little when I run. Originally it was just my left hip but now it is both. I was able to still run but would be sore that night and the next day. After my day off from running I would be able to run again and do the same cycle all over again. Today I only ran for about 5 minutes and knew that if I continued I would most probably injure myself. So I just speed walked the rest of my ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast