Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

You go its exiting im a little over a year in the most difficult thing was others reaction to my drastic weight loss size24 to a 7-8 i feel good i dont care what others think be proud i am great job
    OMG yes!! I have not been depressed at all. I have been on an emotional high the entire time with the exception of those first few hours when I was hoping I had made a good decision since I was in pain and sick. This has been a hell of a ride!
    Tried the fartlek running today. It was fun! Of course my fastest running is probably someone else's slow, but whatever. I'm 60 and running, pretty cool in my book.

My hubby used to win marathons with 5 minute miles. I'd be thrilled with a 10 minute mile.
    Isn't it FUN? I have no clue how anyone could be depressed during this journey, I thought it was the best time of my life! I remember shopping, and then "undergrowing" something before I even took off the tag. Return!
    Yup. I have lost 6 inches off of my thighs!! I take measurements every 2 weeks! And I have to say that 6 inches is a lot. I had HUGE legs....now...not so much!
    Hope you're taking your measurements at regular intervals, then you'll see how small your thighs are getting. It's so much fun to put the tape measure around my different body parts to see how far I've come! Like REALLY, THAT WAS MY WAIST?!?

First year I bought some nice wide-calf boots. Second year they fell down my non-wide calfs. Our thrift shop got some really nice stuff! I gave away everything in my closet except scarfs and socks.

For a long time I saved one pair of fat capri pants, which I seem to remember were pretty tight on me. I could get both legs in one leg of the pants. Finally gave them away too.
    Love reading your blogs! So positive and uplifting!

Congrats on the legs and promotion

I'm doing well still on that newbie learning curve!
    I always wear one size bigger for my bottom compare to my top. Heavy legs too! at least we have less risks for our heart apparently....for me it's still very ugly because I've been so big for so long and the skin looks bad. I must say I wonder if I will wear skirts to my knees one day....but that's fine with me! long skirts it is! Enjoy your new mermaid legs!!
    And congrats on your promotion! that's very good news!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Wow your older one is 19! I would have never guessed! You look so young! mine is 20, she is been away from home for two year now, I will see her next month, can't wait! we only see each other like twice a year...so glad we have video chats on internet....without internet that would be hard...
    4.11 is not tall but with European ancestors...we can't expect to be tall. And small is cute, I always tell that to my children who all complain about their size (my husband is also short). But look you might be surprised soon because I was 5.4 and after loosing may be 60 pounds or so I regained 1 inch! not kidding! now I'm 5.5 like 20 years ago!
    I knew that getting so big did affect my back, but I thought that the one inch missing for 20 years was gone for good.....it came back! surprise!
    PS/ bat wings are fold-able ;-)
    HAHAHAHA.....your batwings comment had me rolling!!
    I don't think I am going to get any taller as I have always been this height. Well I think I am a smidge under 4'11" but I claim the full inch. LOL. I have been this height since I was 13 and have not grown since. I really don't mind it except that everything is too long on me. Capris are like regular length pants but they fit weird. My son is pretty tall. Right at 6' and my daughter is 5'1" and currently still growing so I am thinking she will be few inches taller. Her father is 6'2" so there is hope for her.
    Thank you! You are too kind. I was blessed with the Italian genes. They say spending time in the sun makes you look old but I am always tan and really don't have many wrinkles. Just use some Oil of Olay and am done with it. LOL. My mom always used that. She looked really young too. Even at the end after all the chemo and radiation she still held on to her youthful look.
    My son just moved away the end of October. It was hard for me. But I talk to him almost daily and FaceTime with him as well. He was home for Christmas but now I won't see him until July. It's weird when they leave home. You know it is coming but you still can't really prepare for it. He's always going to be my baby.
    Thanks Christie, I'll try that! In the neighborhood I can use light posts.
    Wow your older one is 19! I would have never guessed! You look so young! mine is 20, she is been away from home for two year now, I will see her next month, can't wait! we only see each other like twice a year...so glad we have video chats on internet....without internet that would be hard...
    4.11 is not tall but with European ancestors...we can't expect to be tall. And small is cute, I always tell that to my children who all complain about their size (my husband is also short). But look you might be surprised soon because I was 5.4 and after loosing may be 60 pounds or so I regained 1 inch! not kidding! now I'm 5.5 like 20 years ago!
    I knew that getting so big did affect my back, but I thought that the one inch missing for 20 years was gone for good.....it came back! surprise!
    PS/ bat wings are fold-able ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    Have a wonderful week!

I'll be leaving for Jamaica on Thursday. Thanks goodness I can eat real food and there's plenty of chicken there!!!
    Jamaica! You lucky girl. I have never been but definitely on my wish list. Yes. I know what you mean about the food. I am glad that when I go to Italy in July I will be 8 months post op so I can actually eat something. And the good thing is Italian foods are healthy. I can avoid pasta but I loved the grilled chicken and grilled veggies. And coffee!!!
    Have a fun trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    You are in San Antonio? Yay! I love it there!

My three kids are back home in CA, it really sucks not to be there on any of their special celebrations!

My son, his wife and my grandson will be here Thursday for a long weekend! I'm so looking fw to seeing them, I haven't seen them since October.

Have a great week ahead.
    Yes I moved to San Antonio almost 3 years ago. I moved here to be with my hubby who was my high school sweetheart. I absolutely love it here...except the traffic. LOL.
    I am hoping that when my son graduates from college he will move back to Texas. I am already planting the seeds. LOL. I know he misses home already. He is definitely a mama's boy.
    Yay. I know you're glad your son and his family are coming for a visit. Have fun and enjoy them! I probably won't see my son until he comes in July.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    What does your program say about increasing speed for running? I've been running for a few years now, but seem to be slow. Now my husband will say, "Who cares? You're running!" But I'd love to work up some speed.

I think it's why I run in the dark at 5 AM before work. No one sees me, no one passes me, and I don't pass anyone. Just me and my Broadway show tunes on the I-pad. Maybe the secret is faster music. Hamilton's, "Not Throwing Away My Shot!" is about as fast as I go.
    It doesn't have anything for increasing speed but as a former runner I can tell you the way to increase speed is to add mini sprints to your runs. We used to call them "fartleks" . It's a thing, really. I have gotten you a link that may be can help you.
    https://www.verywell.com/what-is-far...aining-2911954
    Good luck!
    What does your program say about increasing speed for running? I've been running for a few years now, but seem to be slow. Now my husband will say, "Who cares? You're running!" But I'd love to work up some speed.

I think it's why I run in the dark at 5 AM before work. No one sees me, no one passes me, and I don't pass anyone. Just me and my Broadway show tunes on the I-pad. Maybe the secret is faster music. Hamilton's, "Not Throwing Away My Shot!" is about as fast as I go.
    Have a wonderful week!

I'll be leaving for Jamaica on Thursday. Thanks goodness I can eat real food and there's plenty of chicken there!!!
    could you please forward me a copy... thanks
    cowdaisey81@aol.com
    You are in San Antonio? Yay! I love it there!

My three kids are back home in CA, it really sucks not to be there on any of their special celebrations!

My son, his wife and my grandson will be here Thursday for a long weekend! I'm so looking fw to seeing them, I haven't seen them since October.

Have a great week ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Congrats. Keep on keepin' on. That's all you ever have to do to maintain your new lifestyle. Perfection's not required.

Thanks Ann! You are such an inspiration! I love all the wonderful advice you give!
    I'll be starting the gym probably the mid of Feb. I'm not an exerciser. Actually I hate it, but this is the new me...so I'm getting my arse in there!!
    The important thing about exercise is to find something you love. There are soooo many ways to exercise out there and not everyone likes the same thing. Once you find something you find enjoyable, then you'll stick to it. So try them all out. I would give things a few times to see if you enjoy it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub
    Keep up the great progress and the posts! Your post are like a good story and really are uplifting.
    Thanks Cherub! I really believe in this surgery. And even though my surgery was not that long ago, I watched my sister go through this and she was 5 years post op in November. So I know that this works. And I love sharing my experiences. If they even help one person then I will be happy.
    Congrats. Keep on keepin' on. That's all you ever have to do to maintain your new lifestyle. Perfection's not required.
    I'll be starting the gym probably the mid of Feb. I'm not an exerciser. Actually I hate it, but this is the new me...so I'm getting my arse in there!!
    Keep up the great progress and the posts! Your post are like a good story and really are uplifting.
    Great post!!! I always enjoy reading about how well you're doing! I can't wait to start at the gym!! I
    Thanks LeslieAnn! It is awesome working out! I was so happy when I started. I started with small stuff and then worked up to the running.
    This is by far the best post I've read! Christie13, you are hilarious! I love your analogy and will definitely be using it!
    Great post!!! I always enjoy reading about how well you're doing! I can't wait to start at the gym!! I
    Thank you all for the kind words.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamma
    Great work, Christie! I enjoy watching your progress. We are about the same height, started around the same weight and were sleeved near the same time, so it's fun for me. You are exercising WAY more than I do. So far my only exercise is golf, which according to my fitbit really is only about 2 1/2 miles (We have to use carts). I have access to a gym in my development, so I am planning to hook up with classes or a personal trainer to get myself going. You're an inspiration!
    Thanks Jamma. My biggest advice is to find an exercise program you love, no matter what it is. There are so many to choose from. Pilates, yoga, running, step, circuit training, crossfit, strength training, swimming. The world is our oyster now! We can do it ALL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    You are doing so good! and looking for smaller clothing is always the best feeling!
    I walked 2 miles again today, then took the metro. But a friend who just moved to Australia told me she had some joints issues in Taipei but changing country did help a lot. Her pain is almost gone..so a humid climate seems to be just making it worth. Hum...

I discovered the slow cooker when we moved to the US ten years go. Love it too!

I started to drink plain water (but only iced cold) well around month 3. And yes we do eat more and more, but if you compare to pre-op, that's still not much and that's great! I always try to stay under one cup even now. Usually I can't eat more anyway except may be for soup. I guess I could also eat more carbs too but just not even trying...no point.
    Hope the change in climate when you move helps you with your join issues. I know how amazing it is to have that exercise high. I do know different temperatures and pollution levels can absolutely affect the way you are able to exercise. Do you know yet where you are going?
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast