Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Congratulations! You are so close. You really are the poster child for Sleeve Gastrectomy! We were sleeved near the same time and you have far outdistanced me, but I have to say that I feel very similar to the way you feel. I am very content with my progress and just as long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction, I am happy. Have a wonderful summer and great trip to Italy!
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny53669
    You look so great! I'm sorry to hear about the accident, that is unfortunate! I'm glad to hear about the hair regrowth. I've been a little worried because I'm about 13 weeks postop and the last 10 days or so I've really started to notice an increase of hair falling out. I know others had said to expect it around 4-6 months so I freaked a little wondering if that meant when I reach 4-6 I'd lose even more?! LOL hope not! But I also thought I was taking 5K biotin but when reading the back of the bottle realized their serving size was 3 pills, so I've really only been taking roughly 1600 mcg a day. So I'm going to go to the 3 pills a day and hope it helps. Good luck with everything! and 71 lbs is FREAKING AWESOME!
    Gah. Sorry for the late reply. I never get notifications about people posting on my blog. So dumb. How is the hair loss going? I have heard that 10,000 mcg of Biotin is the amount you should take. I am still losing hair but it is also growing back and am also not losing nearly what I was. Hope you are doing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    That is hysterical. Sounds like something I would do to my wife before she would get disgusted and tell me to go away.

Yeah....I don't have a filter and find crude stuff funny. I also like potty humor. My husband always tells me I am gross because I laugh at poop jokes. He is very private about his BM's. I like to joke that I am the man in the relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by elle77
    LOL!!! I have the sameeee problem , but it's with my stomach. I have to wear a compression thingy to the gym so when I run you don't hear the flap flap flap.... Super embarrassing!!! I'm looking forward to the day when i have my surgery and it allllll goes away! Until then... let the weight drop!
    I think it is so funny that we can "hear" it. I can hear my butt/thighs flap when I shake them. Never knew they'd be so noisy!! HAHAHA.
    Quote Originally Posted by lvman
    lol I thought there was something on my back while laying down and watching tv. It was skin flapped over and touching👌🏾
    LOL. Yes. Isn't it hysterical? You have to just laugh about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle_mom
    That is awesome Christie. It could not happen to a more deserving, nicer person.
    Awwww! Thank you so much!
    That is awesome Christie. It could not happen to a more deserving, nicer person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda51
    Congratulations Christie! That dress fits you like a glove. I'm trying to imagine what it must feel like to be considered a normal weight. You must feel like you're floating on air.
    I do!! I know it is so dumb, like I said but it feels like such a huge milestone. I don't remember the last time I was "normal" BMI. I would say before having my son who turned 19 in January. I really need to focus more on toning and less on cardio now. Although it looks great in clothes when I grab at my butt and legs it is definitely all "empty" so I need to fix that. New life goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trastan
    Congrats Christie! That must be so exciting. You hit your goal so quickly. I have 8 more pounds till I get out of the overweight classification and I can't wait. Like you said it is just a number but it will feel so good to be able to say I am in the normal weight classification for my height. I have to admit I am 8 pounds away but I still feel very overweight for my height, but I think those 8 pounds will make a big difference in how I feel.
    I actually feel like I am a little on the skinny side when I see myself nude. I think because when I grab my butt and thighs I can see how much is skin versus meat. You are short, too, right Trastan? I am 4'11".
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Christie you are a ROCK STAR!!! Your journey is so inspiring and you look fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing with all of us. I can't wait to be where are you now. Yay!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Gigi!! You are going to be here before you know it. I remember reading posts and being eager to be on the post op side but I was so very thankful for all the valuable information that I learned on the pre op side from so many wonderful people on here!! This place is so great because no one truly understands it like fellow sleevers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Congrats! You look fantastic!

I've given up going by the BMI charts. I know when I'm healthy by how I feel more than anything! I'm still overweight by the charts, but I feel better than I've ever been in my life. I'll take that over a number any day!

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Thanks Jen! And I absolutely agree!! I think they need to eliminate that stupid chart all together. There are so many variables that come into play that it really is a ridiculous measure!! UGH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1969
    Congratulations Christie!! Well done. My goal is to lose another 1.5 of the current you!
    And you will do it!! I have full faith that you are going to be hitting that goal Tommy!! I can say that while it hasn't always been easy...it has always been worth it. All the sacrifice, exercise, and changes in my bad habits. I was highly addicted to diet dr. pepper. I took a sip several months post op after I stopped drinking it since surgery. It was absolutely disgusting. I can not believe I ever liked that crap. I do not miss it at all and not even regular soda. I feel so much better and I seriously think the aspartame in that crap was doing a lot of crap to my skin and brain as well. I feel a million times healthier!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    As of still hating BMI charts lol!

Loving your dress!

Here is to continued wonderful and inspiring moments throughout our WLS journey!

Hugs!
    Thank you Shirl!! I agree they are sooooo dumb. I swear that they are so generic they really are irrelevant. I can say that my friends husband was told by his PCP that his weight puts him in the obese category of BMI. If you see him, he is completely buff and not fat at all. Flat belly. Muscular arms and legs. A freaking PCP should be able to look at him and see that the BMI is nothing but BS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothsidesnow2017
    Congrats to you! You look fabulous!!!!! Keep posting because it sure inspires us newbies to stick with the plan!
    Thanks so much. I swear I heard Ray Orbison singing Pretty Woman as I was walking down the hallway. LOL!!
    Congratulations Christie! That dress fits you like a glove. I'm trying to imagine what it must feel like to be considered a normal weight. You must feel like you're floating on air.
    Congrats Christie! That must be so exciting. You hit your goal so quickly. I have 8 more pounds till I get out of the overweight classification and I can't wait. Like you said it is just a number but it will feel so good to be able to say I am in the normal weight classification for my height. I have to admit I am 8 pounds away but I still feel very overweight for my height, but I think those 8 pounds will make a big difference in how I feel.
    Christie you are a ROCK STAR!!! Your journey is so inspiring and you look fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing with all of us. I can't wait to be where are you now. Yay!!!!!!!!
    Congrats! You look fantastic!

I've given up going by the BMI charts. I know when I'm healthy by how I feel more than anything! I'm still overweight by the charts, but I feel better than I've ever been in my life. I'll take that over a number any day!

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Congratulations Christie!! Well done. My goal is to lose another 1.5 of the current you!
    As of still hating BMI charts lol!

Loving your dress!

Here is to continued wonderful and inspiring moments throughout our WLS journey!

Hugs!
    Congrats to you! You look fabulous!!!!! Keep posting because it sure inspires us newbies to stick with the plan!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    Ugh! I would get upset by all that. We don't get many nights out with friends and to have some idiot ruin it would completely crush me. Sorry about the hubby that was the cherry on the sundae no one wants.
    Oh that guy was a piece of work. I was so shocked. But at least afterwards it was fun until humpty dumpty had a fall. LOL. ER's are just so damn slow.
    Ugh! I would get upset by all that. We don't get many nights out with friends and to have some idiot ruin it would completely crush me. Sorry about the hubby that was the cherry on the sundae no one wants.
    That is hysterical. Sounds like something I would do to my wife before she would get disgusted and tell me to go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    I'm only halfway to goal, but my butt is ALREADY deflating. I think I'll start doing squats and glute exercises NOW; I would my my butt too much if it went away entirely.

GREAT work Christie! You are KICKIN" BUTT!
    Trust me....I miss mine, too. I used to have such a round one. The good news is that squats can totally get that booty looking great!
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag, and yet fun at the same time. Sorry your hubby got wounded :-(

I've been wondering about Escape Room... anything you can share (for someone thinking about doing it?)
    Yes. The Escape room was so much fun. I would suggest not dwelling on any one clue too long. If it seems too hard....it's probably not a clue. Example, one clue lead us to the sink drain....which had blocks and a key. The key was a clue but the blocks meant nothing. And we kept trying to figure out code they were and to what lock. Turns out they were nothing. LOL. Should have figured that there would not be 2 clues from same one. And be careful bc it is dark in there. But I highly recommend it. SO MUCH FUN!!!
    LOL!!! I have the sameeee problem , but it's with my stomach. I have to wear a compression thingy to the gym so when I run you don't hear the flap flap flap.... Super embarrassing!!! I'm looking forward to the day when i have my surgery and it allllll goes away! Until then... let the weight drop!
    I'm only halfway to goal, but my butt is ALREADY deflating. I think I'll start doing squats and glute exercises NOW; I would my my butt too much if it went away entirely.

GREAT work Christie! You are KICKIN" BUTT!
    Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag, and yet fun at the same time. Sorry your hubby got wounded :-(

I've been wondering about Escape Room... anything you can share (for someone thinking about doing it?)
    lol I thought there was something on my back while laying down and watching tv. It was skin flapped over and touching����
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast