Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Sounds like you have a good plan going forward at work! February will be here before you know it!

I think the temporary issues like hair loss are well worth the future you can have after surgery!

Thanks as always for sharing! You're so inspiring!
    Thanks Jen! I know things happen the way they should. I will be ready when my time comes!
    Sounds like you will be in for the job later Christie. I have seen that a lot where less able people have got the job and im like arrrghhhhh... the other person was better!!! But sometimes its just a workplace culture thing. You'll get it next time.
    I get my sleeve on nov 7 th ..... sooooooo excited. Can you tell lol!!!
    Happy friday or whatever day it is there :-)
    Sounds like you have a good plan going forward at work! February will be here before you know it!

I think the temporary issues like hair loss are well worth the future you can have after surgery!

Thanks as always for sharing! You're so inspiring!
    Slow down, meditate, recite some positive affirmations. Here is to hoping you find out before your trip. Fingers crossed for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    Stay in good spirits about the job, sounds amazing for everyone that was even interviewed. Any interview, regardless of whether you got the job or not, is still experience and puts your name out there showing that you are interested and committed to the company. I hope your time in Nashville is wonderful!!!
    Absolutely! And Nashville was so much fun. We did so much in just a few days. It was great catching up in my new, thin, healthy body!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Thanks Stacey! I really can't complain. I know several people who applied and did not even make it to the interview phase and they have been with the company much longer than I have. Like I said, this is a highly competitive company. We are ranked number 1 employer in Texas. We are always high on all the power lists like JD Powers surveys, Fortune 500, etc. Also it is hard to even get your foot in the door and I was blessed to get in on my first try. I know my time will come.
    It will! 🙂
    Girl look how far you have come, you have come so far, this might seem a bump in the road, I praying for you, I know one time, I had 3 job interviews for one job I applied for 3 times and the 3rd time I got it.
    Stay in good spirits about the job, sounds amazing for everyone that was even interviewed. Any interview, regardless of whether you got the job or not, is still experience and puts your name out there showing that you are interested and committed to the company. I hope your time in Nashville is wonderful!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Christie, you've got the magic. So many things you're doing right. Everything, in fact. Especially looking at the positive side of all outcomes.

Hey, lucky things can happen! I once got a full fellowship for grad school because the guy who'd won it (I didn't even know about the fellowship or compete for it) had to turn it down after accepting it, and I just happened to be around in the summer session when the deans were looking around for someone to give it to who would be starting in the fall.

Luck is often (as my hubby says) "Preparation meets opportunity!" But sometimes there's a big ole dash of serendipitous good fortune in that formula.
    You are so right Ann. I know my time will come and it is so much that goes into it. I will get my promotion when the time is right. I am blessed beyond measure to even get an interview when so many others didn't even get that opportunity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    So sorry you didnt get it Christie but you sound like you were an excellent candidate and highly qualified. Sometimes its just the fact that there are only so many jobs and a lot of good candidates. this is all excellent practice for next time. Let the dissapointment go as you are clearly a star anyway! Sounds like youre gonna have fun over the next few days, let your hair down! Hugs xx
    Thanks Stacey! I really can't complain. I know several people who applied and did not even make it to the interview phase and they have been with the company much longer than I have. Like I said, this is a highly competitive company. We are ranked number 1 employer in Texas. We are always high on all the power lists like JD Powers surveys, Fortune 500, etc. Also it is hard to even get your foot in the door and I was blessed to get in on my first try. I know my time will come.
    Christie, you've got the magic. So many things you're doing right. Everything, in fact. Especially looking at the positive side of all outcomes.

Hey, lucky things can happen! I once got a full fellowship for grad school because the guy who'd won it (I didn't even know about the fellowship or compete for it) had to turn it down after accepting it, and I just happened to be around in the summer session when the deans were looking around for someone to give it to who would be starting in the fall.

Luck is often (as my hubby says) "Preparation meets opportunity!" But sometimes there's a big ole dash of serendipitous good fortune in that formula.
    So sorry you didnt get it Christie but you sound like you were an excellent candidate and highly qualified. Sometimes its just the fact that there are only so many jobs and a lot of good candidates. this is all excellent practice for next time. Let the dissapointment go as you are clearly a star anyway! Sounds like youre gonna have fun over the next few days, let your hair down! Hugs xx
    Hope you get it Christie! All my fingers are crossed for you!!!
    Breathe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gvn71
    Glad you like the shoes! I love mine! 1/2 marathon on Saturday..... So excited.....

I agree about the arms.... My arms look so toned after VSG. I would think running would make them look flimsy, but the opposite is true.

Your biceps look jacked, and you look great!
    Good luck on your half!! Let me know how it goes. I will be living it up in Nashville this weekend.
    I think running tones so much. I just need to get some additional toning on my thighs and butt but pretty sure that the squats/Romanian deadlifts will help with that. I love my sleeve and my new fit body!!!
    Glad you like the shoes! I love mine! 1/2 marathon on Saturday..... So excited.....

I agree about the arms.... My arms look so toned after VSG. I would think running would make them look flimsy, but the opposite is true.

Your biceps look jacked, and you look great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    I love amazon too.
    Hahaha. I think I am ADDICTED!! If I could do it all on Amazon and avoid stores all together I think I would!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    Thanks for sharing the about the runnnng shoes. I was looking for a good running shoe. I have foot pain and bad knee if wear wrong shoes. Congrats on all your success. You look great. You look cute both with hair pulled back and down. At first I thought you cut your hair.
    I wore them tonight on my run and I loved them!! When I pushed the inside it didn't feel super soft like I expected it would. However, I was surprised at how they felt stable but soft and comfy when I ran in them. I definitely thinK they're winners!!
    Thanks about the hair. I am actually thinking about cutting it to help all my hair even out from the hair loss. I just need to find somewhere to get it cut. Not everyone does short hair well.
    I love amazon too.
    Thanks for sharing the about the runnnng shoes. I was looking for a good running shoe. I have foot pain and bad knee if wear wrong shoes. Congrats on all your success. You look great. You look cute both with hair pulled back and down. At first I thought you cut your hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda51
    Good luck on your job, prayer said, fingers crossed. Love the pictures, by the way.
    Thank you Linda! I am ready to find out one way or the other so I can deal with the outcome. The waiting is killing me. Ah, thank you. I love not being ashamed of my pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Thank you for inspiring me! Time to get back to strength training!

Fingers crossed for the new job!
    You're welcome! I will know something within a few days. My stomach is in knots waiting. It is such stiff competition. I swear, I bet our janitors have bachelor's degrees where I work. Everyone is so highly educated it is like being in a shark tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Great guns! You're tempting me to take a picture of mine ... earned via yoga and aquarobics. Hmmmmm ....

I hope the new shoes do the trick for you.
    Oh yes!! Do it, do it!! Be proud of those hard earned guns!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    YAYYYYY for the hokas!!!! Good luck with the job!
    I am excited about the Hokas. They will be here tomorrow!! I am like a kid on Christmas eve!! Thank you. I will let everyone know, good or bad, when I find out.
    Good luck on your job, prayer said, fingers crossed. Love the pictures, by the way.
    Thank you for inspiring me! Time to get back to strength training!

Fingers crossed for the new job!
    Great guns! You're tempting me to take a picture of mine ... earned via yoga and aquarobics. Hmmmmm ....

I hope the new shoes do the trick for you.
    YAYYYYY for the hokas!!!! Good luck with the job!
    Quote Originally Posted by tracey111
    Great job! You should be proud. With my surgery around the corner, I am looking for that energy to begin working out again and looking forward to not being the fattest person in the room.
    It is so amazing to not only not be the fattest person in the room but often to be the thinnest! It is great!!! Lifestyle changes and I am NEVER going back. I weigh myself every morning and night so I know I will spring into action if I see myself gaining weight. I have a 5 pound buffer that if I go above that I will make myself go back to basics.
    Great job! You should be proud. With my surgery around the corner, I am looking for that energy to begin working out again and looking forward to not being the fattest person in the room.
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast