Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

astallons

1. It’s been a while!

Hi everyone!! I just looked and realized that it’s been January since I have blogged. 😵 Time flies when you are having fun!!! Almost 8 month’s out of surgery and feeling great! I have so much more energy and just really feel like I could tackle the world. I have been taking karate and cardio kickboxing classes and I have 1 more test before I get my Yellow/black belt. Let me tell you, if you are wanting exercise and something to boost your confidence, look into karate. My husband says ...
  2. Stalls, Dr appt, and a new hairdo

Been in a stall for a few weeks, but still seeing changes by inches so I’m surprisingly not freaking out (yet). I have been stepping on the scale regularly and it’s been very difficult to stay away from it. I’m still a work in progress!! I went to my primary care doctor today and he was ecstatic about my progress. He says everything is looking great so far...I have to have labs to check vitamin levels and cholesterol levels. Doc says he’s not expecting any craziness from my labs though.
  3. Resolutions

2018 will start out much differently than all the other years...my resolution has nothing to do with weight! I am resolving myself to be healthy and strong. I resolve to complete the Bowling Green Gauntlet Mud Run this year and am determined to not skip any of the obstacles. My daughter has asked several times for us to do a Color Run and I have put her off previously because I just didn’t think I could do it due to my weight...well, I resolve to sign us up this year!

I have been ...
  4. Great date night with the husband and Christmas shopping

Last night was our annual date night in Nashville Tn with Christmas shopping for the kids today. It was absolutely wonderful!!! We got all dressed up and went to eat at Sperry’s in Cool Springs. I ate the best steak I have EVER had!! 8oz filet mignon. I could only eat half and I told my husband that before surgery I would have eaten every last bit and wished for more, but I stuck to my routine and stopped eating when my body told me to. (I typically hiccup just before I get to the point of being ...
  5. Learning from Eminem

I, like most of you, listen to music while exercising. Today a song came on while I was on the treadmill and it caught my attention and made me really listen to the words. We listen to all genres of music. Seriously- rock, rap country, R&B, classical, Opera, oldies... you name it and we typically know a song or two. Tonight, Eminem’s “Not Afraid” came on and really hit home with me. (Btw, if you listen to the song be prepared fo foul language). I know that he sang it about his drug/alcohol ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast