Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

astallons

1. 2 week pre-op diet starts tomorrow!

Over the last several years that I have been looking at VSG, I have had days on my calendar pinpointed with exclamation points. Everyone's journey is a bit different, but I had the day of the required informational seminar marked, psyche evaluation day marked (shew, glad they didn't commit me to the asylum!!!), endoscopy day, nutrition class day, one day per month with PCP, appt with surgeon, date for insurance approval, and now I have reached the day marked in my calendar for tomorrow to begin ...
  2. T minus 3 weeks and addicted to information

I don't know if it is nerves or what, but I have 3 weeks until surgery and it feels like I can't get enough information about it. I did my research before I even started this process and I know I have made a smart, well informed decision. Right now it's like I'm addicted to anything and everything VSG! I come home everyday from work and I look at forums and blogs on this site. I'm googling testimony videos from people that have had the surgery. At this point, I think I have watched every single ...
  3. My husband, sister, Mom, and Daddy

This past week I told everyone in my family that my surgery is approved. My husband has been kept in the know all along. A few things happened that I did not expect. For those of you that remember, my mom was adamant that I not have the surgery when I was scheduled before. (She especially didn't want me to have it around any holidays "in case something goes wrong and you die, it will ruin your family's holiday for the rest of their lives".) She even did a dance when insurance denied me ...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234