Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

astallons

1. Tis the season!!

So, I have been so busy I have not had much time to get on here, but I wanted to drop in and give updates.

I am 2 1/2 months out from surgery and I am seeing the changes now. Before I knew in my head that there were changes, but when I looked in the mirror all I saw was the old fat self. Luckily my husband has been very generous at helping with that. He sends me texts periodically of pictures of me from years ago that I didn’t even know he had with a side by side pic of the new me. ...
  2. Small victories

I weighed myself today and I am no longer in the “Obese” BMI category. I am officially just “overweight”!!! I am weighing 168 pounds and dropping!!!

I tell you, I have never felt better!! I am jogging every other night which is something I haven’t done since high school, I am actually getting restful sleep each night which makes my days go much better, and I am getting tons of compliments on how great and how much healthier I look. 😁

My mom and sister have ...
  3. C25k

I know this is a little premature, but last night my husband and I signed up for the Turkey Trot that is in Thanksgiving day. It's a 5K fundraiser in our town and I'm super excited to complete it. The best thing about it is that it isn't competitive. You just go at your own pace. However, no one wants to be dead last, so I downloaded the Couch to 5K app to prepare myself. I know that I don't have a lot of time to get ready because the app takes 9 weeks and several people said they had to repeat ...
  4. When do you find that fine line of awareness and obsessiveness?

I am 8 was out from surgery. Doing great, feeling great. I have lost weight and inches and have seen those NSV's everyone talks about. My problem is that I feel like I am being obsessive about this. I know that I will always need to remain vigilant on what I put in my mouth and how I eat as well as exercising- and I am totally fine with that. But I am constantly weighing myself or measuring myself and I find myself wondering, is this it...is this all the weight I will lose? I know that I am still ...
  5. I fit my behind in a high school desk!!

Tonight was my son's baseball team booster meeting. They always have it in the coaches classroom at the high school. I always dread these meetings because I have had to squeeze into the desk and it's not a comfortable meeting for me. Well, tonight I found myself sliding right into that desk and was even able to turn sideways some to watch the speaker walk around!!! It was great and I almost took a picture, but thought that might be a bit crazy...lol. A few of the parents even told me that I looked ...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast