Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Ouch! I've heard that rotator cuff surgery is a very painful one. Feel better soon! Walk a little (But not on ice, don't know where you live, that's to keep that no surgery promise.)
    Merry Christmas! Sorry you're going through all of this, but at least you're moving and have a Queen to take care of you!! Keep us posted!!
    Hopefully you heal quickly. Hope you're at least walking. Glad you're well taken care of! Happy holidays to you and your queen.
    Has it gotten any better?
    @Sandra3 - i'll try to keep hydrated. So far, whey protein is my friend!
    @Pam G, @yolymarie, and @manzerick - comic relief. I'm glad we're here for each other! :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    It's hard to say as everyone is different and there is no standard. I only had blowouts like 3-4 times. And then I had the opposite problem. Constipation. I actually had to go the enema route because I was so backed up. Now a stool softener is my best friend. Fingers crossed this passes soon for you. I'm assuming that once your on soft foods/solids it'll stop. When did your doctor say you could start soft foods?
    Thanks Christie13. I start my soft foods on 12/27. I'm actually looking forward to some baby food!
    "most of my ingested liquids appear to be coming from my bum" - This made me really LOL.

It will pass for sure, and hope when it does, it will be in solid format.
    I love reading your posts. You are so lucky your Queen is an RN to help you with anything that comes up! I love your posts they make me less afraid!
    Awwww. Did you still get to go a day early, though? So not totally Charlie Brown. And honestly, you got your gift whether you were first or last. But your Charlie Brown comment did make chuckle.
    Liquid in, liquid out. Just pray you don't get constipated when you start more solid foods!
    I had IBS pre-op and it's almost gone now. But a few week post-op (3 or 4) I was still running to the bathroom, also I discovered I can't stand Whey protein and that was the main reason. Then I had to take huge doses of iron and constipation arrived a few times, but since it was gone for 20 years I can't complain..anyway don't worry, it will stop.
    It's important to drink "a lot" (well, sip all day) during those episodes to avoid dehydration. And also take your vitamins. Take care!
    Even once the tube is removed you may have a hard time getting comfortable. I had to turn from side to back to other side in the beginning. It made for long nights. How do your incisions feel? Mine are fading fast. I'm sure they'll be practically invisible by next summer.
    Haha. Yeah. The day of my surgery I had to be there at 7 am but my surgery wasn't until about 1 pm. My husband went and got breakfast while we were waiting and ate it in front of me. I was so hungry. The smell. I wanted to punch him. But I love him so I didn't. Haha. Things get much easier when you can eat. Which I chuckle saying because 2 bites of food then waiting 10-15 minutes and maybe 2 more bites is how I eat now.
    Glad your surgery went smoothly. I had pain and nausea directly after surgery but only for about an hour. Then it passed. But that first hour I was hoping I hadn't made a huge mistake. I just slept a lot off and on. I'm sure there were pain meds in my IV. I'd say I walked about 5 or 6 hours after surgery. Mostly because I was so tired. My dad had his gall bladder removed when he had gastric bypass back in the late 80's.
    It's hard to say as everyone is different and there is no standard. I only had blowouts like 3-4 times. And then I had the opposite problem. Constipation. I actually had to go the enema route because I was so backed up. Now a stool softener is my best friend. Fingers crossed this passes soon for you. I'm assuming that once your on soft foods/solids it'll stop. When did your doctor say you could start soft foods?
    Day 5 of my pre op. I haven't weighed yet but getting very nervous!
    day 8 of pre-op diet and I have lost 9lbs. I fly out to San Diego in the morning. super excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    allthepal, smoking at our hospital before surgery will get the surgery canceled. Also, no soda is recommended before, during or after surgery. Do you have information from your surgeon that explains all these questions to you, because you should be reading and adhering to the information.
    You should really stop now. They may cancel ur surgery!!
    Congrats. That is awesome!! Just think u will be having ur sleeve in 2 days wow!! A new Journey begins. I am right behind u 4 days till im sleeved!!
    allthepal, smoking at our hospital before surgery will get the surgery canceled. Also, no soda is recommended before, during or after surgery. Do you have information from your surgeon that explains all these questions to you, because you should be reading and adhering to the information.
    day 6 of my pre-op 14 day craptacular diet--I'm down about 9 lbs which is crazy but makes it easier to stick to--does anyone know if we REALLY cant have ANY diet coke right now? and really, why not? just curious. Also--any smokers out there? I only smoke about 5 cigarettes a day , and right now its my only vice. Anyone out there smoke before surgery? any issues? after surgery? Thanks!
    Continued success, this is only the beginning of an amazing journey for you!
    You are doing great, that's what I lost in two weeks! but I also did a few months of diet right before so my weight loss was really slow when I did the two weeks pre-op.
    I hope you are drinking a lot of fluids because running to the bathroom too often could cause dehydration and also deplete your potassium level. Also, just FYI I can't tolerate whey protein it actually makes me sick. I even tried the organic one. Was a little better with the organic but the only protein powder that doesn't have any side effect on me so far is vegan.
    Congrats on your 6 pounds weight loss!
    Yes. The liquid diet is amazing but I was so glad to have the surgery, 2 weeks of liquid diet, and move on. Soft foods never tasted so good. LOL. After surgery I actually had the opposite problem and currently take a daily stool softener. I do get more gas now. Luckily bc I'm not eating much it is usually odorless. LOL.