Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Ask your doctor. We are not doctors. (Well probably a few of us are....)
    I was just scared of taking it because I've heard so many horror stories about the side effects of taking zpack without being sleeved so I was like it's going to be horrible being sleeved and taking it... I must admit, I said a little prayer & took it... lol
    Thing is, I got sleeved in Mexico... So I was unable to ask my surgeon... but my prescribing doctor did prescribe me the powder form, I took it yesterday & still alive, thank God!!! I didn't experience any side effects, I'm also taking a prescribed probiotic as well...
    Yes definitely ask your surgeon. I would not take anything without asking my surgeon or advising the prescribing doctor that I had the surgery.
    Ditto to what Shirl said. Discuss your concerns with your prescribing doctor and surgeon. I'd say avoid them if you can. I got a severe C. diff infection after taking antibiotics (clindamycin) for a tooth abcess 6 weeks post sleeve. Nasty stuff. If you have to take them, make sure you take LOTS of probiotics (30+ strains and 50billion+ CFU) during and after the antibiotics.
    Did you inform the prescribing doctor of your sleeve gastrectomy? Also check with your surgeon followup team to see if okay to take. I personally would avoid antibiotics at all costs, but if you must I would recommend you replenish your gut with probiotics.