Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

You got this! Eight more days and then life changes. I can tell you that immediately post op I did better with warm liquids and could not stand the sweetness of the shakes. Post op I was having hot tea, creamed soups with high protein nonfat milk, broth, and popsicles. That was the only thing I could tolerate. Slept a lot the first week and felt a lot of gurgling, mental hunger, and heartburn disguised as "hunger pangs". Overall though, post op was not bad. Just no side or stomach sleeping.
    ✨Stay Positive and Strong!✨

If you haven't already, watch Dr. Matthew Weiner YouTube channel for what to expect before/after surgery.

Here are some links I hope you find helpful as you prepare for surgery https://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/...ad.php?t=64473

This surgery has been the best decision I have ever made, it is by no means an easy way out, it is also NOT a ✨*Magic Wand*✨ that will make weight magically disappear. It takes mindful every day work to stay present and use our permanent tool to be better and healthier versions of our current selves.

Sending you the best of wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Hope your approval is quick. Mine was pretty quick and once I got the call I was given the option to have surgery scheduled for 7 or 9 days from that call!!! Excited for you!
    Thank you. Hoping it is sooner than later. So excited for the new me...😊
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda51
    Good luck with the insurance approval--all this hurry up and wait gets frustrating. It's got to be worth it in the end, right!
    Yes, I am very optimistic. 😊
    Hope your approval is quick. Mine was pretty quick and once I got the call I was given the option to have surgery scheduled for 7 or 9 days from that call!!! Excited for you!
    Good luck with the insurance approval--all this hurry up and wait gets frustrating. It's got to be worth it in the end, right!