Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

OMG! I thought the same thing when I first woke up from surgery. I was in pain and dry heaving like crazy. But then I slept off and on for the next six hours or so and started feeling better. I felt even better when I started walking around. I am almost 5 weeks now. Still can't eat much and feel ill if I eat too fast. But I am so glad I did it. And the brief freak out moment is a distant memory.
    How did it go? Were you cleared for surgery? Hoping everything went well.
    It just gets better and better. Walk, walk, walk, drink drink drink and rest rest rest.
    Sip, Sip, Sip and Walk, Walk, Walk

Back pain located around the shoulders is usually the gas. I also had back pain but it was due to my position on the table, and the hospital bed was also really hard (welcome to Asia!).
    Later I also had back pain after losing a lot of weight...it comes and goes but I do have issues in that area anyway. Good luck and best wishes for an easy recovery!
    feel better. I had the same discomfort
    Yes lots of up and walking around today has helped my back tremendously.
    Congratulations! My surgery was on 11.14.16 and I am excited as well! Cheers to a new us!
    Back pain is probably gas. You've heard the solution ... walk, walk, walk!
    Thanks everyone for the comments. i did manage not to sabatoge the rest of my pre op diet . Guess my emotions have been all over the place with preperations on going into the surgery. Mind and body are back on track!
    I only lost 4 pounds on my pre op diet, and never cheated once. Just be sure to stick with it. They put you on it to shrink your liver. It will make the surgery safer. You will lose once you've had surgery.
    Well, didn't you think that your scale could be broken?? may be it's just a question of new batteries?

I didn't lose that much during the 2 weeks pre-op diet, but it's mainly because I started to watch my food intake a few weeks before. So at the end I lost more than what my surgeon was expected!
    And it was useful, it did improve my health a lot.

Just stop "cheating" it's shooting yourself in the foot! tell your surgeon what happened and ask to meet the nutritionist, you need some more guidance for the post-op phase. Cheating could have bad consequences...

You will have lot's of stall during the process! I came back from the hospital with a weight gain, then after that I had a very long stall around week 3...at first it's hard to deal with because we are used to fail at our diets (or regain)...but it's important to look at the big picture. You will lose with the help of the surgery. But you will have to do your part too. You have to give yourself some credit, follow your guideline, be patient and kind to yourself.

People see a diet like a punishment...it's not! here it's to help your surgery.

And like Kindle said, you need to ask for help if you need it, a therapist could be a good idea.
    Good luck and take care.
    If your program has a support group or therapist, I suggest utilizing those resources. If not, I still suggest you seek help from a mental health professional. Long term weightloss is way more about head games than the size of our stomachs.

If you "ALWAYS" sabotage yourself, you will need help, because even postop, your weightloss WILL stall and you WILL gain some weight along the way. If turning to food is what you typically do, You will need a "Plan B" to deal with your emotions. I know what I learned from my therapist is the reason I have been successful.
    I only lost 5 pounds on my pre-op diet. Mine was the same as yours. Don't lose heart, it doesn't mean a thing. I am 3 weeks post op and am right on track for losing based on where I started, so trust that it will work. Good Luck!
    the pre op diet is intended to shrink the liver, and while weight loss is common, I guess it's not always a guarantee. As long as your liver has gotten smaller, that's all that matters for now.

My two week pre op diet was a liquid diet. No "food" at all, unless it was liquid.
    Welcome and congrats!!
    Everything will be just fine