Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Surgery went well!

Gallbladder is out! Had to go back in because I was nauseous and in pain all day yesterday. Turns out a stone was left in. But that was taken care of today. So I am feeling much better, and looking forward to eating a bit more normally.
  2. Chip craving fix and other suggestions

While I know carbs are a bit of the enemy, I still get cravings. I decided to try Special K cracker chips (sea salt flavor). A serving size is 30 chips, 110 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, 23 carbs, 0 sugar and 2 protein. While you might be thinking, wow, that's not great... Just stop. I will have these along with whatever protein I am eating. After I eat my protein, I find I can only manage about 10-15 of these fantastic chips! So when you are doing 1/2 or 1/3 of the above stats, they're really not ...
  3. Fantastic news!

For over a year, I have been experiencing what I thought was severe gas pain. In the past 6 months, I noticed the pain would get worse and last longer. I moved out to Minnesota (from Ohio) by myself to attend graduate school. Two months in, I had an attack that was so severe, I ended up driving myself to the hospital. There I found out I have gall stones, have had them for awhile, and was now passing them. I ended up with pancreatitis and now have to have my gallbladder removed. I have been having ...
  4. Yummy hint

As my friends know, I love putting up recipes or food ideas. If you're a yogurt eater, you really need to check out Stonyfield Oikos. The protein is crazy high (15 points) fat is 0 and the sugar (with plain) is 6. I've taken to adding strawberry sugar free jam to mine, and on occasion I throw in a few peanuts. Brilliantly good. Give it a go!
  5. Vacations

Can be awful. But, I find that even eating anything I want, as long as I am super active, I don't gain weight. I did notice a bad habit of over eating though. Back home now, I am back to a more regular diet, so lets hope the weight-loss continues!
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast