Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JulieLynn

1. 34 Days and counting

I can't believe it, I finally have a surgery date of December 5, 2016. I am super excited and nervous all at the same time. 34 days isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things but it seems to be creeping along. I do have events to look forward to as I count down to my surgery. We of course have Halloween tonight and I am flying to California on November 9th to stay with my best friend; who is having cancer treatment in Santa Barbara. We fly home together on the 12th. After that excitement comes ...
  2. Waiting feels like Forever

So I started my sleeve process on July 19, 2016 with my nurse's consultation. It was an all day class where we went over things like what to expect before, during and after surgery. We talked about taking a multi-vitamin, stop drinking alcohol, no chewing gum and no drinking out of straws. It was a huge amount of information and I was on overload shut down by the time I left there.

I went home that night and began to process it all. I then starting doing research on protein powders, ...