Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Phase 2

So after walking around 2 hours we all did fine. Walking helps aid your fluids in becoming clear. They gave us another round of meds fluids that night and we went to sleep.

Next morning we showered got new bandages and went for our leak test. Nasty absolutely nasty. Not gonna lie. The first purple drink tastes like metal. And as long as it's not purple in the drain you're good. Then they drive you to a radiologist and make you take 2 shots of the barium. It's doable but it's not ...
  2. Well I did it and here's how it went....phase 1

So I packed more then I should have but I was thinking I'd rather be prepared. But really clothes, gas x strips, hygiene products , extra medical tape, and a coloring book is all I have used. Might want comfy shoes I walked around in flip flops kinda sacked but I made it.

San Diego airport is small, very easy to find where you need to go. Got picked up, 30 or so minute ride straight to hospital for preoperative tests, took about 40 minutes for 2 of us. They give you everything you ...
  3. At the airport

Well I'm here and there's no turning back. While I have time sitting waiting to board I'll write about my progress. I was given a 5 day preop but did a 7 day. Which I will say has not been pleasant. I was addicted to food and most of all sugars. Fried foods, Mexican foods, Chocolate candy ice cream were on my weekly food menu. And then poof no more. And that's when the horrible headaches started. And on the 6th day yesterday I just couldn't eat well drink anything and keep it down. Was not pleasant. ...
  4. Waiting Game

This waiting game is killing me lol All I can talk about is surgery and honestly nobody around me cares hahaha. I have done all the documents, bought my plan ticket, arranged the rides to and from the airport. I bought new PJ's and a robe to be comfy in while I'm on vacation. I buy small stuff here and there to get ready for this lifestyle change. Heck I'm dang near packed and out the door, this 30 or so days need to come. However I find myself eating whatever I want with the excuse of this surgery ...
  5. A little about me....

I'm 28 and overweight. I made the decision about a month ago to make this lifestyle change. I have never been by any means skinny nor do I think I want to be but healthy and thinner are where my goals are.

My background is a first responder/Firefighter/medic which kept me in decent shape/active, however in 2010 I made the decision to get into the construction industry to help pay my way through college.. Well I continued to excel and move up in the industry and dropped college to ...