Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Getting prepared for my surgery

I am not used to watching my carb intake and it appears this is very important both for PreOp and Post OP. I have started trying to find some clear fluid protein drinks that I can use after the surgery. So far i have only found one but i will keep looking. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

1. Breasts after surgery

by , 05-27-2017 at 06:38 AM (Getting prepared for my surgery)
    I haven't been on in a while, but I wanted to share my current experience. I am down to 202 lbs from my original weight of 275 since my surgery in August 2016. I feel so much better and am able to work and get around.

However, last month I found a rather large lump in my right breast. I feel like it must have been there the whole time and I was not able to feel it under all of that weight. Now it seems that a whole new worry has come over me. I go in on the 5th to talk to a ...
  2. Christmas full of food!

by , 12-29-2016 at 04:08 PM (Getting prepared for my surgery)
    My in laws came into town and they sure love to eat! We have so much junk food at my house right now and staying away is harder than I thought. I have only eaten more than I should once since my surgery making me sick enough to want to vomit. I am slowly starting to be able to eat more and more so I have to be really careful not to get back on the high carb track. I am still eating mostly meats and cheese, but as soon as my family is on that plane...i am cleaning out the fridge.
  3. Depression strikes again

by , 11-04-2016 at 08:56 AM (Getting prepared for my surgery)
    I know it seems like I am just crying but I have to release some how and I feel like this is the only way. By writing it all down.

Today I feel betrayal in the worst way. I have struggled for years to spend time with my children. I have gone from a loser addicted to Meth and Cocaine to someone who has been clean for 15 years, 3 college degrees, my own business, and I have provided for all of my children and step children better than some parents who have never done some of the ...
  4. Depression

by , 10-11-2016 at 08:24 PM (Getting prepared for my surgery)
    I thought that losing my weight would help me to feel better, but it seems the last few weeks I am worse than ever. I have always had depression off and on but this last few weeks have been the hardest for me. I am losing weight and I have been doing really good not to eat a bunch during my states of depression but I can't focus at work, I want to cry often, and all I really want to do is sleep. I have a friend that says she was depressed after surgery but I don't see how that can be my issue. ...
  5. First goal reached

by , 10-01-2016 at 07:34 AM (Getting prepared for my surgery)
    So I broke my goals into 3 different sections and I met my first goal at 6 weeks out at 235 pounds. That is a 30 pound loss since the actual surgery date. I tend to go by surgery date because my biggest weight was at 300 pounds and I had lost 85 pounds on my own by hiking and lowering calorie intake, but once I got down to around 200 pounds i plateaued and then started to gain again. I remember when I was at 235 the first time around I felt great with myself...it is a different feeling this time ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast