Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Me too :-)
    I never pureed my food either even though my NUT said to use a food processor. I actually just ate soft foods as well.
    Never did pureed food. Went from shakes the first two weeks to really soft foods like eggs, yogurt, soups, etc the third week. Tried baby food which was a huge mistake. (Poor babies.)

The thought of putting a dinner in my blender just grossed me out.
    I was hungry the first few months. I was always eating a bite here and there. I needed it. I was supposed to be 2 weeks on full liquids but went 10 days. I took it slow. I did not overeat. I was fine. Just make sure you are making good choices of what you put in your mouth. I always focused on protein first. Then veggies. I avoided most carbs (flours, sugars, and starchy veggies). I did not avoid milk carbs, though.
    Yes, I never completely lost my appetite but I did feel like pureed foods helped fill me up. Just be careful because it all goes down pretty easily so you can eat too much before you realize it. I think anything that has the consistency of pureed works. At least that's how I interpreted it. Just be sure you chew really well. I'm actually on the next phase now but I still puree some things (like chili) because I don't want anything to get stuck going down.
    I didn't go ahead but gawd I did feel hungry on that time on fluids. It's so much different once you start eating purees and solids now I'm like 2 spoonfuls and I'm done. It's amazing!!! How have you been going with it all?
    Quote Originally Posted by belindagale
    I packed a bag and didn't even open it.. I was in for overnight. You will sleep in your hospital gown and next day just put the clothes on your wore there.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Agree with the above. Just make sure you have taken some before pics in either a bathing suit or bra and panties and taken measurements. It is the best thing in the world to have that visual journey of where you were and how far you have come. I love looking at my transformation. It makes me so happy!
    Great idea! I have pictures but in clothes. It will really show the difference in bathing suit. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You won't need much of anything for the hospital. I was only there one night. Just wear loose, comfy clothes there that you'll wear home. Shoes that don't need to be tied will help as bending over wasn't easy that first day.

I basically slept in the hospital, and walked a little when I was awake. Didn't even watch TV, so I didn't even bring my computer. I'd say all I needed was chapstick.

Love your attitude and excitement, it will take you far.

Good luck, it's so much fun! Watch some youtube videos about the sleeve, they were so inspirational to me before surgery. Plus this site.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by shellprell
    They will outline all your restrictions so get all your heavy lifting done before. Also, I just wore sweats and a loose shirt. No makeup or jewelry. Mine was outpatient. Pretty quick really. Take a pillow to lay over your stomach for the ride home. It will make it more comfortable.
    Thanks!
    I packed a bag and didn't even open it.. I was in for overnight. You will sleep in your hospital gown and next day just put the clothes on your wore there.
    Agree with the above. Just make sure you have taken some before pics in either a bathing suit or bra and panties and taken measurements. It is the best thing in the world to have that visual journey of where you were and how far you have come. I love looking at my transformation. It makes me so happy!
    You won't need much of anything for the hospital. I was only there one night. Just wear loose, comfy clothes there that you'll wear home. Shoes that don't need to be tied will help as bending over wasn't easy that first day.

I basically slept in the hospital, and walked a little when I was awake. Didn't even watch TV, so I didn't even bring my computer. I'd say all I needed was chapstick.

Love your attitude and excitement, it will take you far.

Good luck, it's so much fun! Watch some youtube videos about the sleeve, they were so inspirational to me before surgery. Plus this site.
    They will outline all your restrictions so get all your heavy lifting done before. Also, I just wore sweats and a loose shirt. No makeup or jewelry. Mine was outpatient. Pretty quick really. Take a pillow to lay over your stomach for the ride home. It will make it more comfortable.
    I wish I could have found a baratric program like yours with more classes and opportunities to meet others going through surgery near the same time. My program has a 3 hour diet class and a support group that meets once a month but that is it.

I'm happy to see others who can relate with me. My desk job is killing me too. I used to be a mechanic and I was on my feet 18 hours a day. Going to a desk job has packed on the pounds and aged me rapidly. I too want to be active again and go have fun with my kids.

I was trying to lose weight on my own, walk/running outside and on my treadmill doing well lost 20lbs (for the 100th time) and my hip starting to kill me. And the vicious cycle returns. I've been going up and down weight wise for 25 years. I too, don't eat garbage fast food, or drink a lot of soda. But when I restrict my diet and exercise more I'm famished, and after two months of being famished, I start to eat large portions again.I'm done. I'm not going to put it off anymore, I'm going for the surgery, I'm going for the surgery to hopefully gain a tool that will help me not feel so hungry, to help restrict what I eat so I can last longer than 2 months.

When is your surgery planned (did I miss that somewhere?)