Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Love your happiness Crisps! Congrats on all your success and realizing your new goal! I am sure you will have no problems getting there!
    Great Job!!
    yes we are worth it
    Congratulations!!!
    WTG!!!!!!
    WOW 60 lbs in 3 months is amazing. im down 56 in 3 and 1/2 months! Congrats

I am also dumping my too big clothes at goodwill by the bagfulls. Buying a few cheap items in the mean time to hold me over. - Hubby said he will buy me all new clothes once I hit goal weight ( about 20-25 more lbs) Can Not "Weight" ! lol
    OMG I cant wait. Thats so exciting
    That is awesome! Keep up the good work!
    Are knickers the same as panties? Underbreaches?

We say "don't get your knickers in a twist" when someone is being all dramatic. Lol
    Awesome news!!
    That is a great problem to have
    I plan on buying clothes at thrift stores during the way down until goal weight and I will have some fun buying new.
    Knickers! Haha, what an adorable term! I just had to go buy more dress pants yesterday, because mine were hanging on me. I went from a 12 down to a really comfortable 8. Love, love, love!
    Yayyy! Isn't that exciting!! Can't wait till I go through all my smallest sizes and have to buy new. Right now my clothes range from 12-24.
    I still do not process the stones LOL but it sounds like a lot!

I find when it's terribly hot, I have a tougher time drinking and eating.

What's all the meds for? I am clueless but it sounds great!
    Oh wow ! You are doing fab congratulations x
    Head hunger is so real. I am at a stall myself and it is head hunger that is getting the best of me. Good luck!
    Hi Kari, that's the point honey I was in agony all of yesterday, couldn't do much at all, just woken up from a 12hr sleep, because I felt great on Friday I over done it a lot, BUT I don't care as we all had a great time, today I feel ok again so my day begins, nothing much planned but loads to do in the house and its raining again, I will go for a walk between showers
    Quote Originally Posted by Muted_Tummy
    Here's to figuring out what works for you!! seems eating 4 to 5 small meals a day works for many folks and keeps the (real) hunger at bay and the head hunger in check as u are eating often.
    I have yet to figure out how to get 5 small meals in while drinking all the time....and supposed to not drink before or after each "meal".

There isn't enough time in the day! (maybe because I sleep so much....)
    I wish i had a magic answer for you but I dont. But you do need to eat and get your protein in. You need to build up your strength.
    Luv Kari
    WOW... if you walked that much and your not in pain then I say go for it. You know what your body is capable of doing. You would not do something to hurt yourself. Just be careful and dont overdue it. Im glad your getting out and getting some exercise....
    Luv Kari
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    "Planned" eating has never really been my strong point. Right now, I have to force myself to "eat" (eat in quotes, because the little bit that's going in doesn't really seem like eating to me).

Hoping it gets easier as time goes by.
    Hi Pam I really do know where you are coming from on the planning, although food was always on my mind I actually planned very little.
    I then realised at the beginning of the week if I didn't plan then I would most likely fail, I really don't want that to happen.
    This really is my last chance to lose the weight, I know losing the weight will have a positive impact on my health, this in turn will have a huge positive impact on my family and our lives together.
    I am NOT going to fail on this, yes some days will be not so good with health problems ( today is awful) some meal times will be not so good either, what I hope to have learned is, it's 1 meal, not 1day or a week or a month which then spirals out of control and I fail my sleeve, my children and my life. I WILL PLAN TO ACHIEVE MY GOAL.
    "Planned" eating has never really been my strong point. Right now, I have to force myself to "eat" (eat in quotes, because the little bit that's going in doesn't really seem like eating to me).

Hoping it gets easier as time goes by.
    Here's to figuring out what works for you!! seems eating 4 to 5 small meals a day works for many folks and keeps the (real) hunger at bay and the head hunger in check as u are eating often.
    I had laprascopic hysterectomy and I don't remember any gas pain, i really hope this will go as smooth
    The gas pain for me was horrendous. They fill you full of gas for the laparascopic procedure, and my discomfort lasted for a good week. Mainly in my upper chest, back, and left neck area. When I was discharged from the hospitaal, I used a heating pad across the back of my neck and draped by my neck for comfort, and that did help. I was so concerned about it that my surgeon ordered cardiac enzymes and an EKG to make sure it wasn't my heart. Keep burping, use Gas-X dissolveable strips (although they didn't do much for me), and sip your fluids ever so slowly. it will get better.
    Good morning!! The gas...... such a pain. The more you move around and get out the faster that will go away. Everytime you burp your closer to being free of it ;-)
    I think by one week out I was pretty gas free. Again, the more you move the better.
    Glad you were able to get surgery done even tho your liver didn't shrink as much as they thought it would. We are all so different.
    Great that your pain isnt too bad, one less thing to think about, but don't over-do anything because you feel pretty good. No lifting, easy on bending. It's so easy to start doing something because we feel OK and get bored.
    As for your weight, not sure what your starting weight was but I was 255lbs before surgery and on day 5 I was 260. I was still in the hospital day 5 when I weighed. The IV fluids added weight.
    If you haven't already I would measure yourself. Hopefully you don't hit that dreaded stall at 3/4 weeks but if you do you'll see that your loosing inches while the pounds hang on. Then you'll wake up 5lbs lighter and the stall will be broken ;-)
    Good luck on recovery, I hope everyday is better then the previous.
    Lol - its was " well jel " so of course I must ge from Essex !

Sadly my avatar pic is from 2014 ..... Im still a way to go before I look like that again but its coming off

I was 307 on 1st January now 244 ( so lost 63 ) and that Avatar is me around 185. I put on a lot of weight over one year
    Hi Densel, I though you were in the UK, I seen something else you had written and you said well Mel, LOL, WHERE in the UK are you, sad you had to pay for surgery, had I had the money I would have had it a hell of a lot sooner as well, but apparently 10 myths on the NHS is really quick, other people been waiting over 2yrs and its the GP holding them up by not applying properly for the funding, it's disgusting, luckily I keep useless stuff and had all the slimming world, weight watchers, lighter life etc to show them. How much weight have you lost, you look amazing in the pic I can.see on here. I know totally what you mean about your health, good work so far and keep it uo
    Hi Densel, I though you were in the UK, I seen something else you had written and you said well Mel, LOL, WHERE in the UK are you, sad you had to pay for surgery, had I had the money I would have had it a hell of a lot sooner as well, but apparently 10 myths on the NHS is really quick, other people been waiting over 2yrs and its the GP holding them up by not applying properly for the funding, it's disgusting, luckily I keep useless stuff and had all the slimming world, weight watchers, lighter life etc to show them. How much weight have you lost, you look amazing in the pic I can.see on here.
    Hi welcome I am from the UK as well. I found my GP less than helpful too. I forgot about surgery until I came into some money and decided just to pay for it myself, plus I was in surgery within 3 weeks of my first appointment. Ive told loads of people, as most seem fasinated by the surgery ..... But maybe as Ive paid for it - its seems ok to them rather than NHS, despite the fact that obesity and its causes is truly a major illness. More should get surgery before all the other co-mobilities really cause problems. I love my sleeve. Now and again I miss the ability to eat a big tasty meal - but to get my health back - its a no brainer
    Hello and welcome to the forum! you will find plenty of people willing to answer your questions here, lots of good advice and wisdom. Those 3 weeks will go very fast, I hope that you will have an easy pre-op diet! take care
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast