Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

1. 17-Month Post-Op Check-In: Make time for fun!

Hey Sleeved FamBam!

Sorry for the late monthly check-in! It is important for me to stay connected with those friends I have made here during my preop initiation, post recovery, and journey throughout my first year. I hope new members are benefiting from all y’alls sageness! I certainly would have had a daunting time navigating post Sleeved life without this forum!

That’s why while I cannot be here often, I am here to share that this journey is on going, and as life ...
  2. 14-Month Sleeversary: Reflections and Focus

After being sleeved for a few months, and struggling with hunger (real and imagined, mostly imagined I imagine lol!), and slow weight loss I kinda questioned if I was even sleeved, I found my medical records and read that my surgeon used a 40 French bougie.

According to wlshelp.com "depending on the bougie size used by the surgeon, the new stomach size will be about 60-80% smaller after surgery. The average stomach holds 30-40 ounces, or roughly 4-6 cups per meal. After surgery, ...
  3. 11-Month Sleeversary whaaaat!?!

Seriously! I'm in denial that 11 months have gone by! Maybe because part if me (and this is something my therapist told me to work on because I feel amazing otherwise!) I may not reach my first weight goal so that makes me feels somesort of way. Head games and stinking thinking make feel like I could have done better. But FUCK that! I am human and unlearning so many food related bad behaviors learned over my lifetime!!! And I need to be proud of the strides I have made in this short period of time! ...