Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

1. 17-Month Post-Op Check-In: Make time for fun!

Hey Sleeved FamBam!

Sorry for the late monthly check-in! It is important for me to stay connected with those friends I have made here during my preop initiation, post recovery, and journey throughout my first year. I hope new members are benefiting from all y’alls sageness! I certainly would have had a daunting time navigating post Sleeved life without this forum!

That’s why while I cannot be here often, I am here to share that this journey is on going, and as life ...
  2. 10-Month Sleeversary and 50lbs Lost Post-OP

I have officially lost 52lbs post-op! And 71lbs total since self-imposed pre-op diet which I started March 2016.

I am wearing size 10/12 comfortably even on my "Moon" days.

I am eating about 1200-1300 calories, except the root canal recovery which I was hardly eating for about a week. Even with that low cal week, I didn't manage to lose much more than projected/expected loss for the month.

Feeling a little disorganized, but I am going to ...
  3. Required Reading: "I'm not losing fast enough!" (Yes, you are!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2 View Post
    A common complaint among sleeved patients, especially early post-op, is, "I'm not losing fast enough!"

In almost all instances, the truth is that you're losing just fine. Really. I'm not kidding.

People who lose fast, like a few patients do, are usually heavyweights to begin with, men (who have more muscle tissue), and younger people (who may be more active and have a higher metabolism).

I was not a fast loser. Today is my 16-month