Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Prayers for accurate test results! And congratulations! Love your pictures!
    LOVE BOTH THOSE PIX OF YOU, Shirl!

Yeah, the first few mammograms post weight loss are chatty sessions.
    You look great!! I pray for you iron levels and overall health.. Be well
    Gorgeous photos! Hope all is well.
    Great photos.
    Hope all good with the mammogram.
    I had one on Monday and the radiographer was interested in how much weight I had lost. She could obviously tell from the previous x-ray.
    Keep up the good work :-)
    Hope all your tests turn out for the better. Nice pic's, looking good. Best of luck to you!!
    I love your photos!!! and you look wonderful!!

I'm not allowed to do the iron infusion (allergies), I hope it will help you. Seems it's the only thing really working on the long run..

Good luck for the finals!! XOXO
    Fabulous photos Shirl. Good vibes for the mammogram too! I have had a few iron infusions and they helped me heaps so I highly recommend them. And 3.2Ibs go you :-)
    Good on you for getting back on track!
    The pics are fab.

Hoping all goes well with your mammogram and ultrasound.
    I will keep you in my prayers. You know I think the world of you. You are a beautiful person inside and out. Sending big hugs and positive vibes your way. Good luck on your finals. You totally got this!
    So vibrant and beautiful, Shirl. Hoping for all the best with your mammogram today. Undoubtedly, you have those finals in lockdown. You're a superstar!
    Welcome back to Self Care Land. It's a very comfy place to live.

Hey Shirl!

Happy to see you back on the horse!

I'm having the same (or almost) issues since January, go sick, took cortisone, gained and it's staying!

Of course I know the triggers : cortisone is always messing up my hormones but usually since the sleeve I was able to lose it in a few weeks, well not this time!
    I also know I've been stressed a lot since January, didn't sleep well, didn't drink or eat enough etc...
    I'm trying to take that time off right now to focus on my health and it's needed!
    take care! XOXO
    Good on you!
    You have identified where you have slipped up, and also made a plan.

I have had to do the same thing, so can relate. I have lost 1/2 (4 kg) of what I had put on (8 kg - 17.6 lb), so am down - for me - a whole dress size. Onwards and downwards!

(I also know the "hangry" state!)

Wishing you all the best!
    I can relate very well with the not being being hungry to suddenly being hangry. I'll go all day without a bite of food until dinner then eat everything in the house until I finally fall asleep. Been gone all day. Got home, and within the hour I have eaten a salad, bag of chili cheese fritos, pb&j sandwich, and now eating a strawberry cake roll as I type this. Once I start eating, there's no stopping. I was never a food addict before like I am since having VSG.

Good on you for putting your head back in it. I hope you're able to accomplish all your goals.
    This sounds fantastic Shirl and good to have you around again, I read a few of your old posts in the past. Onward to great success for you :-)
    Good on you for getting back on the horse!
    It sounds as though you know exactly what you need to do and have the conviction to do it.
    Keep us posted on your success :-)
    Hey Shirl,
    The regain is not that bad, don't stress over it. I'm facing the same thing, regained in January with my strong cortisone treatment...and I lost a little since but still not back where I was at my 2 years surgiversary. I think that stress, lots of work and bad food choices (no time!) are the clear reason for you, so it will be easy to reverse. Keep it simple, it will be gone soon! XOXO
    Hi Shirl!

You are an inspiration!

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    sraebaer's right. You can so do this.

Good to hear your voice back here.
    Good to hear yours Ann2!!!

I have been asking myself what would Ann2 do?
    --not that you would say this exactly but--
    Get your a* back on the forum to start and then check self-care habits...

So I listened to my inner Ann2
    sraebaer's right. You can so do this.

Good to hear your voice back here.
    While losing I weighed myself just one day a week, but now that I'm maintaining I weigh every day. If I'm a little up I'm extra careful that day and it comes off.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    15 pounds is totally doable! (Anyone who can run a half marathon can easily lose 15 pounds)! My only advice is to get back to eating how you learned with the sleeve, weigh yourself daily so you don't have any big surprises, and exercise.

Injuries suck, I gained when I broke my neck. (Got it off). There is a whole lot you can do to help your toe heal like biking, swimming, weight training, etc.

Glad you're back!
    Thank you for welcoming me back!

I checked with a fellow sleever offline and she reminded of the protein first rule.

It’s so weird how I was obsessed with weighing myself daily, and now I’m petrified of it because I cannot bare see the weight gain.

My youngest daughter has been involved in cross-fit for the last year and her transformation is inspiring. My half-marathon training involved doing 5k’s twice a month and working myself up. She was my pace keeper from the beginning and if it weren’t for her I would have given up on mile ten.

Definitely humbling to know I cannot let my guard down, but there is a community here devoted to our success! Thank you, sraebaer!
    15 pounds is totally doable! (Anyone who can run a half marathon can easily lose 15 pounds)! My only advice is to get back to eating how you learned with the sleeve, weigh yourself daily so you don't have any big surprises, and exercise.

Injuries suck, I gained when I broke my neck. (Got it off). There is a whole lot you can do to help your toe heal like biking, swimming, weight training, etc.

Glad you're back!
    hello womyn!! glad to hear all is well. Been busy with life myself. Self- care...umm, yea. Where do I begin LOL
    Thanks for the update, Shirl. You're looking stunning these days.
    Congrats on your success! Yes, I agree self-care is so important! I've learned that some days you just need to put "life" aside and go have some fun, even if it's just for a bit! Take care!
    Shirl, I am impressed you have done that well considering. We all need to understand the relationship between stress and weight/health management. When we get on the wrong side, it can be a cascade down.

Does your family have a history of high cholesterol? Mine does, my mother, the vegetarian, even had high cholesterol. I was able to being mine down unmedicated but genetics would only allow it so far. So back onto a low dose statin. Its a whole lot better than it was before though.

I get the pressure of work school and family. I am hopefully completing my Bachelors in Dec and will be able to get off the bad end of that stress roller coaster. Up to late at night not getting enough sleep and making poor food choices because of the lack of sleep.
    Hey Shirl!!! so glad you are not diabetic anymore!! that's huge!! cholesterol is tricky...I'm up right now because I lost weight in the past two months...I will need to check it in a few weeks again.

So may be it's just because the blood test was done when you were loosing too...who knows. I really believe that cholesterol is not the worth, plus adding some supplements (fibers, soy lecithin) can help lower it.

I'm having some crazy weeks too, what saved me in the middle of all those amazing luncheon is that I take my lunch box when I can and go for a walk after my mini lunch break. I hope you will be able to do the same. take care and keep in touch!! XX
    Awwww Shirl! You gotta take time for you babe! You are sooooo fabulous and worth it! Glad to hear that your no longer diabetic! And I hope you kick butt on your exam! I hope your cholesterol gets better with the dietary changes. I am finally off my BP meds as of September. I was starting to think I would never get off of them. Keep kicking ass and taking names!!
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast