Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I know right!? what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!

"Life happens when you are busy making plans" words to live by. I am trying to focus on what I have control over which is basically just what I can put in my mouth at this point LOL! everything else I am just going to trust the process. I am, however, profoundly happy about my lab results so no matter what else life throws at me I have this and many other joys and blessings to hold on to.

Thank Muted_Tummy for your friendship and support through this sleeved life.

I definitely feel a lot better than I felt earlier in the week.
    That's quite a platefil, Shirl. Glad u are looking for signs of funk vs true depression...Pls keep an eye on that as some of falling into a depression sometimes is early sleeve stuff. Would your SO charge u rent? If not, have u considered screwing the lease, paying the fee, subletting or just paying the rent and getting there sooner? You are worth it.

Sorry for ur daughter and her family... I haven't yet ever nursed mine thru a boyfriend break up so I cannot imagine how tough this is for u as her mom. We want so much to take their hurt away.

On the good news side...it's amazing how quickly ur body has responded! That's very hope inspiring for the rest of us mid lifers also trying to stave off diabetes and such.
    That is awesome! I wish I kept measurements too. I finally went to the store yesterday for the first time post surgery with a googled list of high protein fruits and other items. I need to be a little more organized but to wrap up a piece of Boars Head Honey Glazed Chicken roll was like heaven with my cottage cheese. We will make it together! All for one and one for all!
    You are doing the work. So happy for your success
    Wow! That is wonderful Shirl!!! I am so happy for you.
    HAPPY SLEEVERSARY!

Congratulations on your progress!

WOO HOO! Wow! One month down...I can't wait. Must be a relief to have a month behind you and getting used to normal. Hope the foods gets better. No way I could be on liquids for a whole month....everyone's different and I wish they all had better guidelines and more standard guidelines for "you know you are ready for mush when..."

I have had no issues and here was my restricted list (until next Tuesday)....yogurt, cottage cheese, soft cheese, white fish, salmon, egg...can still do applesauce and protein shakes if needed.

I jumped the gun and just did wasist measurement out of curiosity and was down 1.5 inches already!! Can't wait to do the whole kit and caboodle LOL

I cannot even think about a gym or "real workout" at this point and am not cleared for that...only walking. NUT said this week that I could start very low weights when I felt ready....but SURG stressed not to do anything that engages my core until 6 weeks, so....?

Make sure you have a post op protein snack/drink!! Keep up the inspirational work
    Happy sleeversary to you!! Time flies! It seems like I just saw your post going in for surgery. I wish I would have kept a log of my measurements. You're just like me, you didn't start with that much excess weight so I look forward to seeing your progress.
    Keep it up! You're doing awesome!
    I love your positive attitude, Shirl!

I am by nature a "negative Nancy", but I appreciate a positivity in others. Thanks for all your device....I'm actually going back to more liquids after what your nut said!
    @KariVSG womYn I am good regarding this post... yes I was triggered, but I am also aware of my triggers and how they have affected my food compulsions.

@Mbenson5, sadly so many potentially good young men are miseducated and socialized to devalue women. Their divide and conquer methods pin women against each other, and sadly our ego's are just as fragile that we fall into those traps and instead of sticking together and creating unbreakable bonds of female comradeship we side with "our man."

(On a side note, and my own soapbox and as a scholar of women's studies and feminist history, women continue to be divided along on the color line as well.)

Had we been out together I would have called that guy on it... whether or not I was the one getting attention... seriously!!! I hope your friend said something, and if she didn't perceive that you were being left out I would discuss it with her. At least you'll know what type of friend she is.

I have empathy on males in our society, and there is a lot of pressure on them to "act like a man." Unfortunately, for some, that means mistreat and devalue women. But as women and mothers and nurturers, we need not perpetuate that macho BS. As I said, I am so proud of the man my son is becoming. I truly admire him, I love my daughter in law, and have corrected my son many a time. I have also discussed with my daughter's that just because a guy is nice, it doesn't mean they can take advantage of him.
    I am so glad your ok.
    How are you doing
    Very thought-provoking, but everything you post on here is! I didn't have the immigrant issues that you experienced, but I can certainly understand the ridicule and always being negatively being compared to the prettier girl next to me. What a crock. I still struggle with self-esteem so much. Last night I went out with some friends and a guy friend told another girl she was so pretty, and she is both inside and out. I was sitting there thinking, what's wrong with me? Geez, can't I just be happy for her? Why do I feel the need to have someone tell me? Ugh, this sucks...
    Nothing missed, just some pendejadas LOL! Muted_Tummy :-)

You are too kind Donna! moving forward always! nothing is going to stop us WomYn!

<3 <3 <3
    I saw that yesterday and I think you handled yourself very graciously. While I do most of the time like the advice that person gives, I also felt that was overboard yesterday. Don't let that get to you. You are a wonderful and caring person. The attitude that was given and the comments made aren't something you need to dwell on. Wishing you the best in everything. Keep on keeping on.
    OMG what I miss? Was that here?
    "Queer" Community?

Yes the Orlando shooting debacle was just horrible and heartbreaking.
    Hi Shirl, well done for going on the march, I will be on the London one this year supporting my fellow human beings, the whole world is in shock over the senseless shootings in Orlando, may they all rest in peace and my thoughts are with the families
    Thank you Beautiful.

My heart is broken for those who lost their lives to all these senseless shootings, and those targeted early this morning in Orlando.
    I'm glad you all are safe and ok
    I totally regret not measuring and taking photos! My thoughts were that I "didn't want a reminder of how miserable I was". Now I wish I did, so I could compare my before and after!
    What is the amount of proper amount of protein we are to be taking after surgery?
    Luv Kari
    I started logging my measurements from day one. I will check it the same time every month just to see if anything is changing. I still have 4 months before surgery so I still have a long ways to go.
    Luv Kari
    Oat bran...good stuff. Keeps ya "regler"
    Quote Originally Posted by Muted_Tummy
    Shirl...head hunger or hunger hunger?
    In retrospect, and the fact these last few nights I haven't experienced the same hunger sensation, I will have to say that it may have been hunger hunger.

I wake up at approximately 6:30-6:45am, but I'm not eating until approximately 8am. It takes me all morning to finish my protein drink which I double up with protein.

I was getting hunger pangs in the evenings between 7pm and 10pm, sometimes later. My sleep pattern is really off, I'm getting to sleep around 11pm-midnight.

I'm going to keep taking the hunger control protein powder in afternoon, should the hunger pangs return then I will assume it's head hunger. And that's going to require lots of mental and spiritual work to overcome.
    Shirl...head hunger or hunger hunger?
    I'm sure all that will be very helpful, protein is definitely important.....and can be gross if you don't play around and find what's best for you.
    That's what I always say....I also say take a selfie. Wear the same outfit and take a full body pic once a week/bi-weekly or monthy. The scale messes with us, the pics and numbers on the tape don't lie
    I don't think your body can absorb more than 25-30 grams of protein at one time. I remember reading a post about it, but can't locate it right now.
    Fabulous ! Hope you continue to do great
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast