Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I did use intermittent fasting (or my version of it) right before the sleeve, to lose a little weight before the pre-op diet. I must say it did work well even if my weight loss was very slow. Thing is I was able to do it "at home" but not really when I had to travel so I'm not sure of the results in the long run.
    Your good results do inspire me to look into it again! but paleo and me are not really friends, that's an other story
    I have heard of intermittent fasting. Sounds like that may be working for you. One thing I have learned on this journey is that we are not cookie cutters. What works for one person may not work for another. I think we all have to explore and find ourselves on this journey. Good luck continuing to find what works for you doll! Knowledge is powerful. Knowledge of ourselves is liberating!
    Measures are for sure much better than only the scale!
    The nurse does it for me at my surgeon's clinic for each post-op, but I don't keep track, I watch more my clothing.
    I know what's too tight and I can see the difference just trying this or that.
    Also my next scan in July will tell probably more about how I'm doing because my last one was in January and since I had a few weeks were eating enough protein was a challenge so...we'll see..
    Great success story!
    Way to go Shirl! You look amazing! I am currently trying to up my calories a bit. So far so good. And I agree with you that how we look is way more important than the scale. I would rather look fit and healthy than just hit some magic number. And learning to be sleeved in a non sleeved world is hard but every day we learn to adapt and adjust. It is a whole new world and a beautiful one! I am so glad to be on this journey with you my friend!!
    Love your new Doo!!!! It does make you look younger

Thanks for always posting such great info too. I can totally see that hair loss can be a tell-tell sign that your body needs additional nutrition and love... vitamins, sleep, exercise and water. I know it will happen to me too, but I am going to try to minimize my hair loss as much as I can.

Congrats on your ONE YEAR SLEEVERSARY!!!!!!
    Thank you for this post!!
    Gah! You look super cute Shirl!! And super young with short hair! I absolutely love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Love your hair! I went to a pixie too and I love it. It's nice to show off your face when you lose weight. Congrats!!
    Thank you! As you can see my hair is now super wavy. In the past, I have done all sorts of horrible things to get it straight but I think I am now really happy with it and will leave it be.
    Love your hair! I went to a pixie too and I love it. It's nice to show off your face when you lose weight. Congrats!!
    Thank you for sharing this! Great Post!
    Thank you Shirl for the fantastic post! I have printed it for reference and appreciate the detail since I am doing the process basically on my own when I get back from Mexico. The detail and book references are great. I never really knew about the bone mass differences but even at my very thinnest...my weight was still higher than most. Thanks again, great post!!
    Your scans look great!! Big strides!!! That's amazing to lose 11 lbs of fat. Big hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by keoster1
    brilliant , well done
    Thank you, Ciaran! I was looking at your profile the other day, and I am so happy that you were able to have your surgery finally!

Best of wishes for continued healing and success!!!
    brilliant , well done
    Shirl, great job You are truly a success and it's great for us to be able to share in your wisdom. I wish you continued success, and the sleeved life is amazing for many of us!
    You are doing a TERRIFIC job Shirl!!!

Keep up the good work; you're an inspiration to many here. <3
    So glad you stuck around here - you always were so encouraging! I'm glad you are doing so well, and Ann - good to see you too!!! I admire your determination - you remind me of myself - I struggled, but was determined it was not going to kick my ass!! You go girl!!!!
    Congratulations! You are doing so fantastically and thanks for sharing your journey with everyone, it's very inspiring. All the best!
    I think you are doing amazingly great and you are right numbers are not goals. Nutrition and health are our main priorities period.
    Most days I do feel like I reached a balance. And I find inner peace no doubts. But like everyone I have a hard time dealing with "outside stressors" and it can get intense like those past months. I realized when my stress is really high it does change how I see things too. My perspective becomes twisted.
    I'm still dealing with body image issues with those days where I feel like I'm still +300 pounds. Really weird. I mean....what the heck!!
    Happy sleeverversary Shirl! You are doing a great job and you are focusing on giving your body the nutrition it needs. As we talked about, we do our body a disservice when we don't focus on giving it nutrient dense foods. And while you lost 2.5 lbs....the changes in muscle and fat % speak volumes that what you are doing is the right thing. I would rather lose slowly and lose fat versus muscle! Big hugs!
    Shirl, I'm so with you on the need for WLS patients to eat nutritious foods! For most of us, getting healthy was our original, top goal. Healthy foods (and prescribed vitamins, minerals and other supplements, along with lots of water) are the fuels our bodies need to get and stay healthy.

But that ain't gonna happen if most of the foods we eat are those "white foods" and slider foods we were told early on to avoid or minimize. Those are also the foods that, when we overdo them, make us crave them even more.

How I'm working my own "balance" in maintenance (this is my way, not prescribing it for others!) is that 75% of my calories come from protein (both animal and plant), veggies, whole grains, and fruits. The other 25% of my calories come from what I call "treat foods."

But everyone has to find their own balance based on what makes THEIR bodies thrive.
    How awesome! Shirl, your jumpsuit is to die for!! You ladies both look amazing and happy.
    That is so cool I hope one day to meet amazing people like you!
    That's fantastic! Having support from fellow sleevers really helps!
    So great!! wish I could have been there to meet you both too!!
    It was so amazing meeting you too!!! I can't wait for our next meet up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Thank you, Sheri! You are doing awesome too! Did the meds helped your stall?
    Yes, I am 9 lbs away from my goal, 2 lbs away from the doctors goal. He is keeping me on them for another 2 months. Thank you for asking. Keep up the good work. Hugs
    Good job sis!!
    Congrats on your success! And good luck with all your upcoming changes! Very exciting times ahead.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast