Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

1. 15-Month Post-op Check-In

Wow! what a whirlwind! I started my Graduate program, and already two weeks have flown by!!!

Stress eating could improve, both my daughter and I were in separate car accidents weeks from each other, mine was very minor, and while hers totaled her vehicle she walked away with one minor injury. Fortunately, neither of us were at fault and my insurance has been stellar in taking care of everything. Yesterday, we went to a dealership to get her new vehicle and I since we had settled ...
  2. 14-Month Sleeversary: Reflections and Focus

After being sleeved for a few months, and struggling with hunger (real and imagined, mostly imagined I imagine lol!), and slow weight loss I kinda questioned if I was even sleeved, I found my medical records and read that my surgeon used a 40 French bougie.

According to wlshelp.com "depending on the bougie size used by the surgeon, the new stomach size will be about 60-80% smaller after surgery. The average stomach holds 30-40 ounces, or roughly 4-6 cups per meal. After surgery, ...
  3. Intermittent Fasting-Who Knew!!!

Actually, I know RehabNurse has mentioned more than a few times, to be honest early in my post-op life it scared me to think of not being able to eat beyond a four or five hour window because of how little I was eating then. I also, had heard/read several folks here talking about Keto Diet, and no way in hell was I going to try that knowning what has been ingrained in me about fat.

Keto diet is supposed to achieve fat loss instead of muscle loss by ketosis (which is generally used ...
  4. 13 Month Post-Op & 75lbs gone!

I am chugging along, and absolutely no regrets for choosing this path.

I am still learning and adjusting to being a "sleeved person" in a non-sleeved world. Eating is less complicated now, not that it really was, I am able to eat just about anything. I still eat in small portions just like my nutritionist taught me... serve yourself a 1/4 cup and you still feel hungry get another 1/4 cup.

My lifelong adjustment now is that I can easily eat 3 oz of lean meat ...
  5. New Year! New Haircut! New me!

Reposting edited version from a thread about "Hair loss fear...."

I celebrated my One-year Sleeversary with a wonderful day at the spa where I had a much needed facial and massage. Yesterday I had a complete hair makeover I went for brighter highlights and went for a super short style!

For me shorter hair means more maintenance because my hair is naturally wavy and I'm hoping this version of a pixie cut will work whether I straighten it or just wash and go. ...
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast