Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

1. Invitation... Book Club: A Course In Weight Loss

Anyone interested in joining me for a virtual book club? It will be a weekly one-hour via Skype or Webinar type meeting?

To learn more about the book and the author please go to:

http://marianne.com/a-course-in-weight-loss-2/

https://youtu.be/fP6Zp9Npk_M

Please let me know if you are interested as soon as possible.

I will keep it to a 6 people group max due to work involved, and for everyone to get a chance to share and ...
  2. Day 6 Post-Op... It's a Doozy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl View Post
    2am - I woke up, my head and neck throbbing and feeling kind of numb. I am still sleeping sitting up for cautionary purposes, my instruction said for first day only. I decide to toss one of my six pillows that have been prompting me up, feeling better and comfy... I went back to sleep.

3am - I woke up chocking on stomach acid!!! I'm freaking! I'm all alone! I jump up! My throat is BURNING! I go get a sip of water and take decide to take the Omeprazole 40 mg because I remembered that
  3. Head Hunger???

Well, I am 5 days out from gastric sleeve surgery, and while the first couple of days seemed like they would never end, I survived. I sipped on water every 30 minutes, took sips of Premier Protein with meds, and I was able to sip on the rest of container by the end of the first day.

I mix 2 scoops of extra protein on the Premier shake and divide it into three servings and sip on those at set meal times. I also sip on miso and bone marrow broth in the evening; my mug holds just a ...
  4. Vitamix Blender Recipes

I was about to buy a bunch of "bariatric soups" and noticed all the chemicals and dehydronated ingredients. Most had some whey concentrate product.

I have cooked soup in my Vitamix before, so I was like let me see if there are any tasty soups I can make tomorow, and I found this one! I am so excited!

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Ingredients

1 cup (240 ml) skim or low-fat milk
    1/2 cup (38 g) shredded low-fat cheddar cheese ...
  5. Just One Day To Go!!! But...

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl View Post
    So I am kind of worried, actually, I am very worried. Yesterday was day 1 of my 3-day clear liquid diet, and I messed up. I messed up real big time! I was fixing dinner around 5 p.m. for my long-distance partner who was here for my graduation. (I finally told him that I am having the laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, after the initial shock and telling me that I didn't need it and that I was perfect, he said he would support any decision I make, and that he would go on the lifestyle change with me.)
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast