Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Thanks for your lovely post and congratulations on your loss.. I hope you lose that last few pounds for your appointment but you probably don’t even need to!
    This is wonderful and so helpful. Thank you! And, congratulations with your success!
    Great post. Very helpful to see what the day to day is like 6 months post op. I'm only at almost 5 weeks. Starting to realize I need to start tracking everything. I've been playing it by ear since I can't eat much anyways. Today I made a conscious effort to get more protein.
    Awesome news!

I also had my six month follow up earlier in November with my new pcp, and my b12 and b6 continue to be elevated, though i have cut down on the BComplex supplements. I'm going to rely on just my bariatric multivitamin until my next blood work in February. VitaminD slightly low too, cholesterol went up to 179 from second postop labs 169 and from first postop 148 <- will keep eye on that! Protein was slightly low, but better than last time.

I love knowing that my visceral fat is melting away! Thank you body composition scan technology!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    I had post-election blues 8 and 4 years ago....this time....I was whoopin' it up! lol
    I hate Trump; he represents everything I have spent a lifetime opposing. (I don't care if you are conservative or liberal, republican or democrat.) What I oppose is ignorance, particularly the willfully cultivated kind.

You may have supported Trump because he is anti-immigrant, anti-abortion, is a pro-gun, pro-war, nuclear proliferation zealot. Or you may have voted for Trump because he is pro-immigrant, pro-abortion, he hates assault weapons, wars, and nuclear proliferation. Either way, you would be right, and there is plenty of evidence to support your reasoning.

Hey, by the way, I am in Houston area this weekend on the way to my beloved Guatemala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Hey there!

I try to remind myself that it is "Progress not perfection." With extended holiday family visits it has been a struggle to keep up with my logging too, since my girls are obsessed with instram and photo apps its been eady to sort of track what I eat with photos i take of my meals. In fact, my LoseIt app now has the capability to upload photos to track food later.

I hope you get to feeling healthy and well all around!

Don't know if it affected you, but I had post elecion blues to say the least.

Hugs!
    Shirl, I still swing back and forth between fetal position and screaming.
    Hey there!

I try to remind myself that it is "Progress not perfection." With extended holiday family visits it has been a struggle to keep up with my logging too, since my girls are obsessed with instram and photo apps its been eady to sort of track what I eat with photos i take of my meals. In fact, my LoseIt app now has the capability to upload photos to track food later.

Hugs!
    I had post election blues 8 and 4 years ago....this time....I was whoopin' it up! lol
    urdoinitrite

Hey there!

Hugs!
    Taking care of business
    You are real as they come
    You are doing great!
    And don't worry, my skin was at it's worth at month six. It will get better. I don't use that many cosmetics, but like a face cream with retinol and at night only Pure Rosehip Seed Oil. It did help to be able to take more omegas also after month 6.
    I have a big issue with my iron too. My doc in France put me under a 80mgr per day and I was still deficient plus the medication was making me sick. I do eat food with iron but that was never enough. I switched brands several times and for the past months it's finally getting better. I use Rainbow Light, Certified Plant-Source Iron 2 or 3 times a day. It's made of organic curry leaves, for some reason it's even better than the other one from the same brand I was using before (Rainbow Light, Complete Iron, Mini-Tabs).
    You have the most informative posts! Thank you.

My B12 at my 2week check up was high.n They took blood at my appointment and sent me copy in the mail. What is that about. I see the doc next week so will ask him also.
    I can't wait either to be under 200. But what I love the most is when I look down and I don't have that belly sticking out. I can wear XL shirts and smaller jeans. Keep after it and I understand your pain. But what a great joy size L!!
    "Don't let the numbers steal your joy" I like that. I will try to remember it through my journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    I was really underwhelmed when I hit 199. I mean, happy, of course, but not 'fall to my knees crying' or anything.

this whole wt thing business is still so weird to me. In my mind, I'm fat. In my mirror I'm looking more 'normal'. I can't get my mind and my mirror to merge.
    Same here...even if I connect better this month with my new size (after 3 weeks of massages) I feel I will always be obese...even if people around me say I'm "normal"...obesity will always be there....may be it will not take months but years. But I think it will stay on the back burner what ever I do...
    You are a rock star. I love your posts. So informative, mind centering and encouraging. Thank you.
    I was really underwhelmed when I hit 199. I mean, happy, of course, but not 'fall to my knees crying' or anything.

this whole wt thing business is still so weird to me. In my mind, I'm fat. In my mirror I'm looking more 'normal'. I can't get my mind and my mirror to merge.
    I have not seen 200 lb since April of 1990. I waved at the Wonderland gates in 1999, when I got down to 215. Alas it was not to be. So here I am working my way back to see those golden gates again. You are right, it is a milestone but not the focus of the journey. Good luck! Hope to see you in Wonderland next year!
    Because for me it's in metric, I will be under 100 soon. Actually takes for ever but I'm not even in a rush anymore...I thought about it a lot one year ago....now it's something else..
    My cousin came to joins us during our vacation in October. We were really close during Uni and after that since I travel so much for work, we only saw each other once every year or sometimes 2/3 years.
    At some point we spoke about the surgery, I was telling him how strange it felt that I lost 1/3 of my (highest) weight in such a short time....he said 'it's a huge victory" and then after a few seconds he added " he does feel strange for me too because now you do look like .....like 20 years ago..."...and I replied that I still have my bonus wrinkles now...he said "not really". That was sweet of him (I do have wrinkles and my neck is not smooth..)....he knows how hard it was that whole journey...the war against obesity for more than 20 years...but sometimes I do forget that my loved ones around me also deal with that aspect of the story...I am changing on the outside...I'm wearing different things too....I actually dig into my jewelry armoire to find nice pieces my husband gave me ages ago but never bother to wear (what for? on a whale?) ....my husband is happy that I finally wear those pieces!
    I'm glad my cousin shared how he feels (men...usually they say nothing!) it's important to also speak with our friends and family...I know for my older daughter who's at uni it's also a shock because she doesn't see me everyday...she said I don't look the same...probably because ...I'm not the same...I do feel so much better...and I'm not under 100 yet
    i havent reached 200 yet im at 201 but my surgery is tomorrow and i hope i will be under the 200s in a few days...
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowjoy
    I was given Lupron shots at 57 to push me into menopause. I was given a total of 3 shots over the course of a year. I had the last shot in September and had surgery in February the next year. Menopause had no effect on my weight loss if anything maybe it helped. I'm at my goal weight.
    Good to know.
    Hey...did the Lupron give you any side effects outside of menopausal ones? I never get constipated and have been since the shot...painful constipation. Finally got things moving again yesterday after 5 days. The insert said a very low amount of reporting digestional issues including constipation. WOndering if it was the shot. Nothing in my food tracker is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa888
    The worse part about menopause was the sleepless nights!
    I am hoping the HRT lessens the night sweats I hear will start in about another week.
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago and haven't gained any weight. i tell everyone i burn the weight off due to the severe hott flashes, those are the worst. My doctor said they would only last a year or so, what a freak in lier they are just as bad today as they were on day one. Im miserable most of the time. Dont believe the hype
    hahah thanks for this!
    Hey Muted sorry to hear about the hysterectomy.

I bought the latest edition of Cooking Light and it had a heartfelt article on Alzheimer's disease, and how a former chef has delayed the onset of the disease with eating the right foods. I actually had been reading a book called "Food as Medicine" which I bought when I was first told I was prediabetic years ago. Its an interesting read about the gut/brain and gut/metabolic disease connections, it also has a section about foods that alleviate menopause symptoms.

Also I'm pretty sure I've been perimenopausal for sometime and take Royal Maca, you can find it in powder form to add to your green juice/smoothies. Royal Maca is known for its healing properties and bringing hormonal balance.

✨Sending you the best of wishes,✨
    Thanks SHIRL!
    I have the book Food as Medicine and subscribe to many like minded folks on FB....I just didn't see ANYTHING about menopause and bariatrics. It's like a black hole. HAHAH Send anything you have my way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Lisa
    I had PCOS with my first surgery at 15, then 24 to remove part of each ovary, then a couple years ago they finally gave me my Christmas wish for a hysterectomy - not that I was begging for it, but my issues just kept getting worse and worse so this was the last solution for me. After my gyn was in over his head on my complicated surgery I went to an oncology gyn who finished up what was started. I asked about hormones and they said no - in fact he said they don't like to give any hormones anymore. That may be just for those with PCOS since it causes hormone issues. I notified my sleeve surgeon I had this and they said my diet shouldn't be changed either pre or post op due to this. I personally would look into some natural supplements if you think it will help. Hopefully your nutritionist can help you with any questions you have. My nutritionist again told me what we already know. Hi protein, low carbs. Good luck - I've enjoyed reading your blog especially the what to know down the road. I too am a little OCD when it comes to research. My motto - hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Good luck in your endeavors!!!
    Thanks! I find the nuts are pretty uselss unless it is the basics or you are training for a 5k, 10 k etc. *ahem* Seems most who replied didn't have to change things up so I am relieved about that. I am on HRT while on Lupron as I am only 46. I have never been dxd with PCOS but only have 1/2 an ovary left. The fibroids in uterus are every type and bad and inoperable. I am trying to stave off a hysterectomy (put body through so much with sleeve already).....this is our last attempt at shrinking fibroids and getting periods under control. Lupron frankly scares the sh*t out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    I had some serious hormonal issues for the past 20 years. I won't go into too much details but basically I have a mixed of PCOS, severe endometriosis and other complicated stuff..
    I take regularly softgel of evening primerose oil. It does help a lot to balance my crazy hormones.
    I was also told I should get an hysterectomy but I decided not to, the oil has been helping a lot.
    I hope it can help you too. Good luck!
    I have heard about Primrose Oil...do you have info on dosage? THANKS
    I had PCOS with my first surgery at 15, then 24 to remove part of each ovary, then a couple years ago they finally gave me my Christmas wish for a hysterectomy - not that I was begging for it, but my issues just kept getting worse and worse so this was the last solution for me. After my gyn was in over his head on my complicated surgery I went to an oncology gyn who finished up what was started. I asked about hormones and they said no - in fact he said they don't like to give any hormones anymore. That may be just for those with PCOS since it causes hormone issues. I notified my sleeve surgeon I had this and they said my diet shouldn't be changed either pre or post op due to this. I personally would look into some natural supplements if you think it will help. Hopefully your nutritionist can help you with any questions you have. My nutritionist again told me what we already know. Hi protein, low carbs. Good luck - I've enjoyed reading your blog especially the what to know down the road. I too am a little OCD when it comes to research. My motto - hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Good luck in your endeavors!!!
    I had some serious hormonal issues for the past 20 years. I won't go into too much details but basically I have a mixed of PCOS, severe endometriosis and other complicated stuff..
    I take regularly softgel of evening primerose oil. It does help a lot to balance my crazy hormones.
    I was also told I should get an hysterectomy but I decided not to, the oil has been helping a lot.
    I hope it can help you too. Good luck!
    Hey Muted sorry to hear about the hysterectomy.

I bought the latest edition of Cooking Light and it had a heartfelt article on Alzheimer's disease, and how a former chef has delayed the onset of the disease with eating the right foods. I actually had been reading a book called "Food as Medicine" which I bought when I was first told I was prediabetic years ago. Its an interesting read about the gut/brain and gut/metabolic disease connections, it also has a section about foods that alleviate menopause symptoms.

Also I'm pretty sure I've been perimenopausal for sometime and take Royal Maca, you can find it in powder form to add to your green juice/smoothies. Royal Maca is known for its healing properties and bringing hormonal balance.

✨Sending you the best of wishes,✨
    I was given Lupron shots at 57 to push me into menopause. I was given a total of 3 shots over the course of a year. I had the last shot in September and had surgery in February the next year. Menopause had no effect on my weight loss if anything maybe it helped. I'm at my goal weight.
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast