Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Muted_Tummy

1. Post surg - day 6 HOUSTON we have a meltdown

So, this day started like a million bucks. I felt normal for a change and had energy finally. Seemed to be the result of day 6 and choosing pedialyte as my morning fluids.

I should have known better, because I do this when overcoming a bad illness too, but, I ended up over doing it and became a stark raving beyotch by 8pm.

I ended up having to stay awake til 11 to make my fluid goals, but I did it. The day was side tracked by a school event I had to attend, alone, ...
  2. Post surg- day 5, a 6 popsicle day

Third day home. Here's the haps....

1) only took one pain pill today and had a tougher day.

2) hubs took me to do quick groceries. I was spent after that and took a nap.

3) hubs has noticed weight loss...says he's the expert on my body and knows it better than me...lol.

4) all day all I kept thinking about was a juicy hamburger.

5) turned to Popsicles today as I'm sick of sipping for fluid and protein. I may do ice tmrw ...
  3. Post surg- day 4 (second day home)

Wake everyday excited to be one more day past the surgery and towards forever.

Here's what's up today...

1) Woke arnd 1am with what I think was heart burn (bottom of esopgogus not throat) so I took a tums and my prilosec. I am switching my dose to ev night rather than ev morning.

2) Woke again at 330am for no apparent reason so I seized the moment to pee and drink down 8 oz of water...heart burn was gone.

3) Including supper tonight, I ...
  4. Post surg- first full day home... victory! !

Today was the first day fully at home with protein and fluid goals to meet. Happy to report I met both.

Strategic planning to "double dip" protein liquids, I had reached 64 grams by 630 pm.

I find I do need the pain pill or it all becomes too tempting to just cocoon is bed or living room chair. This seems to line up with folks who swear day 3 and 4 is when regret usually shows up. None for me yet. But def most pain experienced today. (Normal post surgery ...
  5. Post surg- home

Got discharged and was home by 1230 pm.

Here's what's up...

1) Surprised how normal I feel. I dunno, I thought I would physically feel different in my trunk. I just feel like i have in past with other surgeries...sore and tired and no appetite.

2) Def not physically hungry...that part is welcomed.

3) Cameron has been noisy today like others report.

4) Mentally, no regrets have surfaced yet. Still in good place emotionally ...
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast