Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Let us know how it goes Romandona. Do you track all that you are eating with any type of app?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    It does help many WLS patients that I personally have come into contact with to "go back to basics". You've already lost 100 pounds so you know how to do it, we just lose sight of that when "life gets in the way." I commend you for reaching out and thinking about it before it gets farther along, so begin tracking, drinking more water, and just going back to basics like in the beginning. It really will help.
    Continued success and you've already been quite successful!

Thank you so much. I'm back to basics and had a protein shake for breakfast and drinking my water. Am also conscious of the no drinking before or after meals.
    Much appreciated
    I agree with Jersergirl. your sleeve is still there. watch your carbs, your calories, and drink lots of water.
    we're at the point where the scale doesn't move without us making it move. I lost too much and then gave myself a pass to gain 20lbs and now that I have I need to get back into the counting calories and all that
    I still can't each much at meals, but snacks are easy. I need to cut them out or my scale is gonna keep going in the wrong direction
    It does help many WLS patients that I personally have come into contact with to "go back to basics". You've already lost 100 pounds so you know how to do it, we just lose sight of that when "life gets in the way." I commend you for reaching out and thinking about it before it gets farther along, so begin tracking, drinking more water, and just going back to basics like in the beginning. It really will help.
    Continued success and you've already been quite successful!
    Congratulations on your accomplishments! You've done amazingly and thank you for your example of the foods you eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle
    Congratulations! Just remember the joy of what you've accomplished so far and let that carry you through to long term success. Yea...I'm so happy for you!
    Thank you so much. I appreciate the pat on the back. I'm just scared now that I have to add calories. But, I'm going to be smart about it. I refuse to ever go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Wow Romadona that's absolutely awe inspiring!!! Great job!!! Weight training or just weight bearing? What's your current level of fitness? One thing that is great for toning is Pilates. Ages ago I used Windsor Pilates DVDs and they worked great for toning. There are great DVDs by Jillian Michaels, P90X are good. I know there are weight training for weight loss videos as well. I'd google them. And if you want to go the gym route there are usually classes.
    I haven't really done much exercise to my dismay. I do walk quite a bit and do my basement stairs a few times a day. I do have a treadmill and elliptical but I'm not inspired to exercise like that. I plan on beginning a daily purposeful movement. Just wii fit videos. I have a set of weights that I will start using. Hopefully this will help me to combat the loosey goosey skin that I'm dealing with.

Good luck to you all too.
    Quote Originally Posted by saramichelle
    103 pounds, that's AMAZING!!! I am less than two months out and have lost a total (including the three months preparing for surgery) of 55 pounds! My goal is still pretty far away though. I am just wondering, what did you do to reach the weight you are at? Calorie count? I have been mostly low carbing and welcome any and all suggestions and ideas.

Hello, I wanted to reply and let you know that I use My Fitness Pal to track all my food. I have it set for the following goals each day:
    Protein - 100 grams daily
    Carbs - 90 grams daily
    Fat - 40 grams daily
    sugar - 20 grams daily

I'm currently set at 1129 calories a day, but most days have difficulty reaching that since I've just added 75 calories daily since my last dr. appointment where they told me to try to get to 1200 daily. I thought I would add 75 calories a day for a few weeks and then add another 75 or so later. I also drink about 1 liter of water/cold tea/hot tea daily.

Breakfast I usually have a protein shake - 120 calories or so
    1/2 cup ff plain greek yogurt with 1/2 cup strawberries or raspberries and stevia

Lunch: - tuna salad with 1 tbs light mayo or 60 calories of ff turkey or chicken on 45 calorie a slice bread. I usually have two slices of bread. Something crunchy, like a sliced cucumber or celery.

Dinner - protein - 3 oz or 85-90 grams of chicken, beef or pork. and if room, I add a small salad or steamed veggie.

Snacks usually before bed because I have calories and nutrients I have left of fill. these are samples of what I could have.
    2 TBS whipped peanut butter and SF fruit spread
    or
    SF Jello Choc pudding and redi whip
    or
    Laughing Cow 35 calorie wedge cheese and 4 triscuits.

That's what've I've done. Good Luck to you.[/LIST]
    You're doing wonderful! congrats!
    I use videos on Sparkpeople, it's great for any level and even for people with injuries, plus I can use it from anywhere.
    Congratulations! Just remember the joy of what you've accomplished so far and let that carry you through to long term success. Yea...I'm so happy for you!
    Wow Romadona that's absolutely awe inspiring!!! Great job!!! Weight training or just weight bearing? What's your current level of fitness? One thing that is great for toning is Pilates. Ages ago I used Windsor Pilates DVDs and they worked great for toning. There are great DVDs by Jillian Michaels, P90X are good. I know there are weight training for weight loss videos as well. I'd google them. And if you want to go the gym route there are usually classes.
    Eeeee-mazing! So impressive. We are invincible.
    103 pounds, that's AMAZING!!! I am less than two months out and have lost a total (including the three months preparing for surgery) of 55 pounds! My goal is still pretty far away though. I am just wondering, what did you do to reach the weight you are at? Calorie count? I have been mostly low carbing and welcome any and all suggestions and ideas.
    I was glad to see this post, I'm at my 2 months and I've been in a stall for 2 1/2 weeks, The brain goes into panic mode from all the past yo yo dieting, I have to constantly remind myself that its ok.
    I started Exercising this week I'm really hoping the scale is good to me tomorrow.
    A constant reminder that I made the right decision is that I'm enjoying doing things that I couldn't do carrying an additional 45lbs!

Keep going everyone one!!
    me too, at the end of 5 weeks out, and just hit my 2nd stall. I havnt lost anything since Monday..
    Tyring to keep in mind that this is normal, but it is a little disappointing to not see the scale move. Goona try to up my water intake over the weekend and do some much needed walking!
    Thanks for sharing. I was feeling like I wasn't losing enough. This month was my 2nd month post op too. I lost 49 pounds. I have been this weight for about 2 weeks now. I was getting bummed until I saw that I am right about where I should be. Thanks for the pick me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewmetoday
    no liquid 30 min. before eating and 30 min after eating.
    Thanks for answering... I appreciate you taking the time to help me.
    wow... that's great.. that's the goal isn't it. it all sounds yummy, im glad you could enjoy it.. Im only 3 weeks out and just starting purees, which are still difficult. I cannot wait to order a real meal and be able to enjoy it.
    no liquid 30 min. before eating and 30 min after eating.
    30/30 rule?
    My hubby and I eat out at least once per week and I allow myself fast food breakfast once per week. Eating out is still very much enjoyable and I don't feel like I've given anything up other than the clean plate club! I order a lot of appetizer's as my entrée and no one bats an eye. I LOVE steak, and have found that some restaurants kids menu steaks are still 6oz which means I could have that but no room for anything else while other's have 4 oz kids steaks which leaves me room for part of a salad and about 1/2 portion of a second veggie. I have wore my hubby out with my cravings for steak, so he orders chicken now but often times ends up finishing my steak- usually just a few bites.
    I always order water with my meal but only sip it if I absolutely need it as I have gotten so used to the 30/30 rule that I usually end up never touching the water.
    Hubby and I are taking my mom and her sister on vacation with us in about 2 weeks and there will be lots of eating out and dinner shows. I plan to thoroughly enjoy myself and still stick to my healthy eating and habits. Our hotel has a gym and an indoor/outdoor pool that we plan to use daily.
    Yay - thats good going I do find eating out or any eating very difficult. I just dont enjoy food anymore! Oh well Id rather be slim ! Sounds like you had a lovely time - Im well jel
    we went out last night, too, and I was looking for stuff I'd be able to eat post op. not much at this place. Fried catfish, fried chicken, fries, gumbo, etc.

they did have a salad and burgers, though, so there's that.

Can we have fried fish? maybe pick off some of the breading?
    yay! I went out to eat this weekend pre-op and looked at the menu now for what I might have "then". Funny, I decided it would be scallops, too!