Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Theresa2

1. 4 months today

It has been 4 months since surgery and I am down 55 pounds. This is the most weight I have ever lost since I started gaining weight in my 20s. Yippee. I have gone from a size 24 to an 18. Hopefully I'll be down to a size 14 in time for my niece's wedding in September.
  2. 14 week clinic checkup

All is good. My A1C is 7.5 down from 8.2 presurgery (plus 3 diabetes meds and insulin) Here are my instructions:
    * increase calories to 1000-1200 per day with 60-80 grams of protein.
    * portion sizes: aim for 1 cup of food with meals 3 oz lean protein, 1/2 cup of veggies, 2 tsp grain/starch

Plus take my vitamins and iron.

On the not as great side my fasting sugar still not where it should be so I am up to 3 metformin per day.
  3. 3 month checkup

At 3 months post surgery I am 50 pounds down and have lost 2 dress sizes Let's see what the next 3 months bring. I purged my closet and sent everything that no longer fits to a shelter for battered women . They were quite appreciative because large sizes (especially professional clothing) are rarely donated.
  4. 2 months post

If I get all my proteins I don't get all my liquids and vice versa. Anyone have any helpful hints? (I don't drink protein drinks because my clinic encourages us to stop using them asap.)
  5. 6 week checkup

They are happy that I am off the protein drinks and eating my proteins. They want me to up my calories to 1000 per day. I have to go back on medication because my morning sugar is too high.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast