Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tandem

1. Almost three months

I haven't visited the site in a while, but I felt the need to check in for new ideas and inspiration.

So, I had my surgery almost three months ago and so far, all is going well. I rarely eat over 1,000 calories a day. Most days I hit my protein goals. I'm struggling to get the fruits and veggies in after eating my protein, but I'm working on it. I bought a Vitamix right before surgery so I usually make my own fruit and/or veggie smoothie for breakfast and add a non-flavored protein ...
  2. Finally settled in!

It's been a while since I'e done a blog post. I was really, really upset after my one month post-op visit to the nutritionist. At that point I had only lost 15 pounds since my surgery. It was really upsetting because I would have expected my weight loss to have been higher.

After my one month visit with the doctor we were in and out of hotels in DC, West Virginia and NYC before finally arriving in East Africa in late-July. Unfortunately, when we arrived here, our house still wasn't ...
  3. So that was pointless. . .

Monday makes 5 weeks since my surgery. I have lost a whopping 15 pounds since then. I lost 17 on my own before surgery. I haven't eaten more than 1000 calories. I physically can't eat more than 1000 calories without eating bread, pasta or sweets - which I don't eat.

I met with the nutritionist on Tuesday and she was surprised my weight loss hasn't been more. She said to limit the protien shakes to once a day and try to eat more real food. I'm going to follow her advice because what ...
  4. Craving sweets???

Today, my husband and I went out for lunch. I ordered grilled salmon and a baked sweet potato. I ate half the salmon (about 3 ounces) and one spoonful of the baked sweet potato. After that, I was full.

However, four hours and three bottles of water later I am having a serious craving for something sweet. I'm not hungry, but I really want something sweet! This is the first time I've craved sweets since surgery. The only thing I can attribute this to is the spoonful of baked sweet ...
  5. Week 3 - New week, new challenges

My family and I are going on our fourth week back in the US. We spent the first month in an extended stay hotel that had two bedrooms and a full kitchen. We were staying in Houston which was where I had my surgery. It was great because with the full kitchen I was able to use my Vitamix to make my shakes using greek yogurt, protein powder and PB2. I was also able to blend up soups and add protein powder.

I am now in week three, post-op. We have moved on and are now in Louisiana visiting ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast