Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

thicknsweet

1. Might need to cut the blood pressure meds

I've noticed that after I take my blood pressure meds, I'm not feeling that great. It makes me a bit drugged out and dizzyish. I'm due to go in next week for a check up but in the meantime I'm going to cut them in half.

Starting to really see a difference in the mirror. Weight is definitely coming off. Yesterday, I made a wonderful smoothie of carrot, celery, tomato, lemon juices blended with avocado and protein powder. Within an hour of drinking it, I was hitting the bathroom in ...
  2. Easy to be Hard

I love that song from Hair!

I made a lovely tomato and roasted red peppers soup today with bone broth. Blended and seasoned it and it was perfection. Added a TBS of Genepro flavorless protein powder and sipped on it for a few hours.

What I'm realizing is that my stomach can very comfortably hold half a cup. I can push it to slightly beyond, but I find it's a chore and I don't want to get in the habit of eating more than half a cup just 8 days out. This is where managing ...
  3. Hitting nutrition goals 1 week out

After logging all my protein and liquid intake, I was pleased to see that I hit my goals by 8 pm! Almost got 80 grams of protein in and 67 oz of liquid. So now I'm starting to feel the rhythm of this thing.

Today I went from barely being able to put away a quarter cup of pudding this morning to almost a half cup by evening. Granted, it took half an hour lol!!

I may go against NUT advice this week and incorporate more liquids than just pudding, milk and protein shakes. ...
  4. My first crap was the best Mother's Day present I could ask for!

I started full liquids today. WOW what a difference! I could only eat half a container of yogurt with added milk powder and I was satisfied. How liberating! I also had a proper cup of tea for the first time in a week!! Amazing! I walked and my hubby made me a skim cappuccino. Shortly after the cap, that old feeling started hitting me. Hark! Could I have to crap? My husband laughed and told me not to squeeze too hard as I headed to the bathroom. It wasn't much, but it was something and I am so glad ...
  5. 5 days out and I'm hungry

Yesterday evening I got my appetite back. I want real food. I'm drinking to stave off the hunger, but damn it, I'm hungry. I even had a dream that I was in a cafeteria without a wallet, looking at all the food I wanted but was unable to buy lol!!

I know some of you have reported that after surgery you didn't have an appetite, but I can already tell that for me, I still have quite an appetite.

Two days ago, I had to walk my 10 year old daughter through making dinner ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast