Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Congrats to ya !!
    Holy Cow!! Congratulations to you!! ������
    That's a great accomplishment, way to go!
    Happy anniversary sleeve buddy! You've been doing so well!! congrats!! I'm very happy for you.
    Wow size XS and 0...you are wearing the same size my 15 years old wear :-D good for you!!
    Enjoy your new figure! you deserve it!
    I think you should no worry about your skin, it will bounce back, since you have reached your goal it might take six months to stabilize.
    You are doing great doing facials and taking care of yourself, it's a great way to also feel better in your own skin.
    I've been using rose hip oil for many years, I started 22 years ago after an accident and reconstructive surgery. It was not on my face but the plastic surgeon was amazed that my scars almost completely faded away one year later. So since that time I use it at night, right after my shower and a quick spray of organic rosewater that I use as toner. I also take omegas (3-6-9) and it's doing it's job on my skin. That and also Evening Primerose oil capsules because it does help my hormones (I take it for 14 days from the beginning of my cycle). Sometimes after I'm done with Primerose oil I take coconut oil during winter. When I couldn't take any capsules of oil for six months post-op my skin was all dry even with all oils and lotions on the outside. It came back to normal after only a few weeks of omegas/other oils.
    When I saw the plastic surgeon two months ago for my tummy problem I asked him what he thought about my skin/neck. He was nice and said I didn't look my age. I told him my neck was really saggy compare to pre-op but he said that I should be patient. He told me the best thing to do was to always have sunscreen on, which I've been doing for the last 15 years. So may be in six months I will have a better idea of what the damages are for me too....Let's cross our fingers!!!
    Congrats to you. I think I know how you feel.

I'm so much older than you -- 71 years old. But age has nothing to do with this feeling. It's wonderful!

I started at 235.6 pounds. I've lost 100 pounds and kept it off for over a year now. Nothing feels as good as losing all that weight, creating a new, more active, healthier, happier life, and then not losing that new life.

Bliss!
    Congratulations on your anniversary!! So glad you are at your goal! That is going to be such a great feeling and I cannot wait to get there. I know exactly what you mean about liking yourself. While I am not where I want to be I have come so far and am really starting to see myself in a new light. I feel beautiful. That is such a great feeling to love yourself. I know it is not all about weight but liking what you see in the mirror is definitely a perk!!
    ✨Congratulations, Liz!!!✨

I'm so thrilled for you seeing yourself as the beautiful being that you are and always have been.

There is something about seeing ourselves that is sexy. I do feel more sensual on different levels.

I do daily facial and skin rituals too. I'm swearing to macadamia nut oil these days, I went to tour a farm while I was in Guatemala and I bought a few bottles of the oil. I use a few drops of it to add to my body and facial moisturizerers and I feel my neck and thighs have improved.

I went to a cosmetic spa/clinic to ask about help with loose skin, they have all kinds of noninvasive lazers, but I opted to wait a little while longer. It was costly!

Wishing you the best for the upcoming year!
    Try Myfitnesspal.com easy to use.
    Your family Doc is off, 130 lbs that's awesome
    Lost
    Hi I'll try to join you, little worried I'm about to do my sleeve on 9/22/16, and having second thoughts. Nelo I'll need a plan. I lost so much weigh on two week diet I just don't know.
    congrats
    Way to go, your a fighter.. if this is your goal go for it.
    You have done great in the past
    Darn DR. he should have congratulated you, not scorn you
    130lbs!! Congrats on your loss! If you've been maintaining that weight for a while then your probably right, your body is happy there. I'm 130 and want to be 145 but since I've been around 130 for months I'm thinking that my body is happy here.
    As for going back to basics, if you feel that your slipping into bad habits then I would say go for it. It's so easy to give in to temptation or grab something quick to eat even though it's junk. We've had bad eating habits for so long that (for me at leaat) it's hard follow the good habits we developed.
    I don't count calories. I'm almost 2 years out. I know what's good and what's bad. I try to eat healthy but I also allow myself a treat every now and then. I find that knowing I can't have it something makes me want It more.....but allowing myself to have it makes me not crave it so badly.....if that makes sense.
    Be proud of where you are and what you've accomplished in such a short amount of time. Do what you need to do to stay successful.
    Hey sleeve buddy!
    Happy 8th monthiversay!! it's today for me too!!
    Wearing a size 4 and XS tops.....you can't be overweight!! if that doctor is only swearing by some BMI nonsens or fashion diktat, you should find a new one asap for sure!!

You did lose a lot and should be really proud of it! I'm sure your bariatric surgeon will be happy about your progress!

Now, about your diet, many count calories, I don't. Well, I kind of know anyway so I don't need to track all the time, only if I eat something new and I'm not sure about it's content.
    I'm surprised I can eat one full cup now. I try not to go overboard and never overeat because I know it can trigger food cravings. Especially with carbs...I really limit those to a minimum.
    But when I feel the sugar craving coming, I also know that my iron could be low...as soon as I increase my iron intake, the cravings go away...Are you still taking all your vitamins?

Don't worry about the cholesterol, it's normal to see an increase when we lose weight, plus you are fine!

You reached maintenance, for me that will be months away, I still have a little more than 40 pounds to lose....and I've been losing in snail mode lately!
    Anyway!
    Happy monthiversary! enjoy your success!! take care!
    @ Pam G- You're too funny! Imagine how awesome that would be if we'd be able to do that?
    You'll be out of fat soon anyway!! You're doing great!
    I'll gladly donate some fat for your butt lift!
    That is awesome. I am no where near a size 4, don't think I will ever be a size 4. But when I was folding clothes, I held up a pair of jeans and my husband asked if those was my son's girlfriends jeans. LMAO I smiled and said no, these are mine! He said wow, I knew you lost weight, but to see it in a pair of jeans. I went from 18 and 16w, down to 8 and 10. Time to get things moving down again. Congrats.
    Thanks Ladies!! It sure feels nice!! I found an extra small top that fit just perfect, and I certainly thought it wouldn't fit. I am slowly starting to feel different but still not small enough to believe I'm small
    I am so happy with my new life, even people comment about how happy I look. And yes I am happy and confident. I am glad that my exterior is now reflecting how great I feel inside!!
    Way cool! I remember joking I was gonna frame my size 6 tags. I bought 4 pairs of size 6's and by the time I went to wear them they were falling off of me. I ended up in a girls size 12 which was wayyy freaking me out so I am comfortable in 0's - 3's depending on the make and cut.

If you're like me I looked at jeans on the rack and thought NO WAY will those fit me and they did
    That is exciting! I think I wore a small when I was six yrs old! Lol
    Awesome!!! I can't image how excited you must be!
    ✨Happy Dance✨

I'm so excited for you! I cannot imagine ever fitting into a small, much less in five months! But I'm going to try envisioning it!

✨✨✨ Congratulations! Keep up the great work! ✨✨✨
    That's awesome! I'm just now in a size XL top so I'm super excited about that I can't imagine being a size small! That must be amazing
    50 lbs ,congrats to ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest decision ever!!!
    Zoey - Size 2 must feel nice!! I keep telling myself once I get to a size 2 I want to stop loosing weight. Ha! I want to keep some curves lol I used to be a DD40, now I am probably a 36C. My husband's first concern was me loosing my rear and front. I feel bad for him, unfortunately I don't get to choose where I lose it from lol.
    It sure does I just love being in that size and like I said I've complained about being too thin so many times but I REALLY like the way I look right now. With that said I have an appt. with a boob Dr. in July because they MUST be done. I was always just a full C but now I am like maybe an A if that. As far as curves go My butt has gotten pretty flat but not in a gross way. Exercise will help with that so not too concerned about that I still have my waist line which I always loved about my body. Good Luck!
    Congrats! You are doing well! The self-image shift will come, especially as you settle in with smaller clothes. Trust the process.
    Zoey - Size 2 must feel nice!! I keep telling myself once I get to a size 2 I want to stop loosing weight. Ha! I want to keep some curves lol I used to be a DD40, now I am probably a 36C. My husband's first concern was me loosing my rear and front. I feel bad for him, unfortunately I don't get to choose where I lose it from lol.
    You go girl and wow that was fast. Doesn't it just feel wonderful!!!! I myself although have complained about being too thin I am REALLY enjoying the start of the Summer. I mean I am wearing a size 2 shorts and they are adorable not to mention I haven't worn shorts in decades so that's a huge victory for me. CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the good work!!!!!
    Congratulations, That is awesome!
    I'm a couple lbs away from 50lbs weight loss, and like you I still don't see it even though every one else does!
    I'm 2 months post op and 85lbs away from goal weight, however im super excited to be able to ride a bike, 20 minute power walking and go to Zumba classes.
    YAy for all of us, who are able to celebrate a healthier body!

Congratulation again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast