Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jerzeygirl

1. Where Is Everyone...

I've been on this site for over 8 years and always used it for great information, motivation, fun and making new "virtual" friends. However lately I noticed that many people haven't posted and fortunately, some of the veterans have stayed around which is great I'm wondering why the drop-off of folks and whether or not they'll be back. I'm the first one to recognize that life is busy but it seems many of us took a little time to pose our questions, answer some of the newbies and come ...
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone, no matter where you are in the journey, has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I remember the first holiday after surgery, I was so scared about what to eat, not to eat, it drove me crazy. Now, I'm a little older and would like to think wiser, and will enjoy the company, tastes of food; including dessert and just have a "mindful" holiday. I'm going to the shore and will try to get in a walk on the beach weather permitting. I'm actually going to a "vegan" Thanksgiving ...
  3. "My Life Began Post Surgery"

Well, I missed my actual surgiversary date as it was on July 21st. I'm now 6 years post op and life has never been better! I'm maintaining the loss, exercise is a welcome addition to each day and I have an amazing job working in the bariatric surgery department of the hospital where I had my personal surgery...what more could a girl ask for...
    I still come on this site and read posts from "newbies" who are afraid they won't lose, not losing enough, stalling, etc. My only words ...
  4. "Paying it Forward"

As some users of this site might know, I've been an active member of my local bariatric community for the last few years since surgery. I facilitate the local hospital support groups, organized and managed the fashion shows in our local mall in conjunction with my surgeon's office and the hospital, and have many dear friends whom I now call my "sleeve family." I've also had a vision of working professionally within the bariatric center where I had my surgery. I sent the appropriate ...
  5. Happy Holidays

I just wanted to take a moment and wish everyone a healthy, happy holiday. No matter what holiday you celebrate, may you celebrate the "new you" that you either are now or are becoming through the weight loss surgery. Although the holidays are usually associated with lots of yummy food, the new me has been able to celebrate in a different way. I tend to enjoy the company, surroundings, and conversation more; since I'm not pre-occupied with the goodies. Although I will be tasting different ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast