Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jerzeygirl

1. Am I Really the Same Person Now...

I had yet another revelation last night before going out for dinner... I was getting dressed, looking into the mirror, and seeing myself so much thinner; and thought, "Why do I feel so different, I'm still the same person as before". I talked it over with my thin husband, and his response was, "Of course, you're the same person". Well, after a martini, I began to rant on about how much easier it is to be "me" now, after WLS. I had confidence pre-surgery, but when ...
  2. Making a Career out of WLS?

I recently sent a proposal letter to my surgeon re: being a liason between the bariatric center associated with my surgery, and the support groups sponsored by them. Alas, on Friday as I was leaving work, I received a call from the surgeon's office. I answered, butterflies in my new little belly, and the nurse said, "Dr Balsama loved the proposal, and sent it off to the coordinator of the Bariatric Center". I was so delighted, and proud. I don't know what will become of this proposal, ...
  3. The Journey Continues...

Well, today is my one year anniversary. Who would have ever thought that one year ago today, I would be having a sugery (chosen surgery) that would change my life in such wonderful ways! I feel so lucky to have gotten the surgery, and done so well using my new "tool" to improve my life. I have lost 138 lbs. from my heighest weight, gone from a size 26-28 (tight) to a 10-12 (loose. I am off all meds, my bloodwork is almost perfect for someone my age, and I can exercise w/the best ...
  4. "Never Thought I'd Say It"...

Never thought I'd find myself saying this, but "I don't like food much anymore". It amazes, even after a year post-op, that I would prefer to go all day without eating (which I don't do). Last night was a prime example of this new reality. I was preparing some leftover grilled chicken, veggies, all the healthy foods that one should eat for dinner, when the reality set in. I'd rather eat some greek yogurt than mostly anything else in my refrigerator! In past times, I'd probably run ...
  5. WLS "Bucket List"

Today I decided to do something that I used to love to do, but couldn't enjoy for the last years since I had gotten so heavy I swung on a swing! That's right, I'm a "swinger"! I went for an early morning walk and passed a schoolground near my house. I always think how much I used to love to sit on a swing, put my head back, and close my eyes. Been a long time since I've done this. Well, today I did it again. I called my husband to come over to the playground and "swing" ...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast