Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jerzeygirl

1. "3" Is A Magic Number for Me!

My husband loves the number 3, and after almost 40 years of marriage, I've come to love it also. However, now the number, "3", is even more magical. On July 20, 2014, it was 3 years that my whole life has changed. I had my VSG surgery on July 20, 2011, and July 20, 2014, marked the 3 year surgiversary of this amazing journey. I can't even believe it's been 3 years and in some ways it seems like I've been the way I am forever, and in others; I'm still amazed at my own transformation, ...
  2. "I Have Earned my Wings"

On Sunday, my husband was hugging me and when he did so I noticed when he moved away he looked at me with a strange look. I asked him, "Why are you looking at me like that?" He responded that when he hugs me, it's like hugging a different person now. I then told him that I feel like a different person physically now. When I move my arms, I can feel the muscles, tendons, etc. When I was so overweight, it all felt like one big "arm." I tried to explain that to him, and my ...
  3. "Time Flies When You're Having Fun"

Well, it was 2 years on Saturday, July 20th, that I had the surgery that has changed my life! I have lost 145 lbs. from my heighest weight, am off medications (including insulin), and love to exercise now (walking 4 miles is a breeze. These are all wonderful benefits of the surgery, and the hard work I've put into changing my lifefor the better, but the type of fun I have now is awesome. I've always been a "fun" person, but my weight held me back in many social situations; that's ...
  4. "Quote of the Day"

I post on a facebook page from my local support group, and a bunch of us share some motivational quotes to keep our day on track. I thought I'd give it a chance on this wonderful site. I hope others might feel inspired by not only the quote I post, but to add their own favorites. It's all part of "positive self-talk". I find that by posting, reading, and thinking about it during my busy day; it helps to motivate my day in a positive manner. '
    Have a great Wednesday everyone! ...
  5. "Now & Then"

I changed my profile picture to one that showed the body changes I've gone through on this journey. I wore the "now" outfit last night, and the "then" picture was taken in early June. I had my surgery one month after the pic. I think in the everyday pace, we just begin to take ourselves "for granted", and I needed a visual to remind me how far I've come (if I do say so myself; and I do, and how far I still need to go (hopefull "farther" now due to the ...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast