Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

densol

1. Rabid !

Well ok maybe not rabid lol - but I had the first experience of foamy sick last night ! I had a tiny piece of salmon, cauliflower and sauce. All puréed up but my stomach did not like it ! Pain for half a hour like being hit in the chest with a brick, foamy sick flowing out of my mouth and dry retching ! I think I ate too much as it was a different consistency to what I've been having ! Back to broth today lol

Thank you for the compliments :-))

To answer a question ...
  2. Feeling tired :(

Third day on purée food. Finding it hard going as hate the feeling of fullness even though I'm eating hardly anything. I'm going back to broth for one meal tomorrow. Weight is falling off - 2 pounds since the day before !

I managed to walk a mile yesterday. It felt good but tiring. Seeing surgeon on Saturday and hopefully cleared to go swimming

Taking spray vitamins - 3 different sprays as recommended by surgeon and still drinking the 30g protein shake over the ...
  3. Puréed food time !

Today I'm now onto puréed food I cooked a lovely roast ( broiled ) turkey dinner. Plated mine up so I could see how big the serving was. Two small potatoes , green veg, carrots and turkey and one Yorkshire pudding. About a quarter of my pre op meal !! Lol - I then popped it all in my Nutri bullet with lots of gravy. Out comes a delicious purée. The amount will serve about four meals at least. I was certainly full after my 1/8th dinner ! Psychologically because I feel " full " my brain ...
  4. Weight is starting to come off :)

Lost 2 pounds since yesterday - so 20 pounds since Jan 1st. Hopefully body is over the shock and starting to lose ! So excited

Thank you for the comments below. I'm from the UK ( but regular traveller to USA which I love - next trip in May ) I hasten to point out the serving sizes of things in UK are much smaller - ie yogurt barely 4 oz, half can of soup ( broth ) is 6 oz - so not a huge amount of stuff going in !

Managed more sipping yesterday. I have bottles ...
  5. 5 days out

Surgery was worse than I expected. I had very bad nausea ( I get sick at everything ! ) and the gas pains from the CO2 came as a massive surprise ( and I thought I'd done bundles of research ! Lol )

I started my semi liquid and no alcohol diet on Jan 1st. I weighed in at 307 pounds. At the date of surgery I weighed 289. I STILL weigh 289 ! I know my body is just storing and still in shock from the surgery.

My current intake is as follows

Water ! Oh ...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234