Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I completely agree with you. It is high time to change the healthcare system. The education system is also getting old. It's time to innovate. When I was a student, I had to search for all the information myself. There was a lot of theory, and it was hard for me to cope on my own. Then I found the guys from https://www.spotoclub.com/ that helped me prepare for the exam. Now I work for a large IT company and get a good salary. The point is that the education system should also be developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenson
    Sandra,
    You are such a trooper and always maintain a positive attitude. I am sure those last few stubborn pounds will be gone soon.
    Thank your for your message!! I'm lucky to be an eternal optimist, sometimes I had to cheer up my husband who was so down when I was getting sicker and sicker during Winter. It was harder on him sometimes because he felt useless, but at some point I went back for three months therapy, but didn't really find it helpful. Studying more helped the most because it kept my mind busy, and sometimes I would even find clues for my own issues...I found out recently I was exposed to toxic chemical when I was a kid, that would explain my weird immune system and many other issues...but not much to do about it at this point...
    Quote Originally Posted by coopersmom
    Glad to hear things seem to be heading in the right direction finally. You've got a great attitude and I'm wishing you much success on your continued journey!
    Thank you for your message and your support!! yes it's been so long!! I can't believe I've been in sick leave for almost one year!! I can't wait to get back to work!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    Hope you achieve your next goal, Sandra! Hang in there and take it one day at a time
    Thank you for your message! the past 14 months have been complicated to say the least...I've been dealing with one issue after the other, I'm just hoping to have "a good week" at some point! hopefully being more active will help. And yes, it's been one day at a time, sometime was even one hour at a time, but since my asthma is completely gone since July, I do feel a major improvement!
    Sandra,
    You are such a trooper and always maintain a positive attitude. I am sure those last few stubborn pounds will be gone soon.
    Glad to hear things seem to be heading in the right direction finally. You've got a great attitude and I'm wishing you much success on your continued journey!
    Hope you achieve your next goal, Sandra! Hang in there and take it one day at a time
    Thank you my friends for your kind words!

I just can't wait for the surgeon and my PCP to clear me out for work and exercise. I know that since I had two major surgeries in a four months window, recovery can take a little longer, but I hope I will be 100% in August! my first post-op should have been on Friday but since I had surgery in March it's in August for me (I get two extra weeks to wait)...finger crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WANAGL
    I’m happy to hear you’re on the road to recovery ;-) Cheering you on from the sidelines.

And keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank you Cindy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie
    Finally, whoop, whoop!
    That sounds great Sandra.
    Slowly, but surely you are getting there!
    At least you are sleeping in your bed, which must be so nice.
    If there is one person, who can take good care of herself, it's you.
    Keep it up, girl!
    Hope the heat this week will be tolerable...
    My health is looking promising again!

But the heat is starting again tomorrow. Since I'm feeling better I was planning on going out and do some shopping (did that only twice in the past 8 months ) but I will go later, the prevision is too high for tomorrow and Wednesday, I can't drink enough to compensate +38c...at home it's much cooler!
    So glad that things are progressing a bit more to plan for you.
    Glad to hear you are doing well!
    I’m happy to hear you’re on the road to recovery ;-) Cheering you on from the sidelines.

And keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Happy things are slowly improving!!
    Finally, whoop, whoop!
    That sounds great Sandra.
    Slowly, but surely you are getting there!
    At least you are sleeping in your bed, which must be so nice.
    If there is one person, who can take good care of herself, it's you.
    Keep it up, girl!
    Hope the heat this week will be tolerable...
    Quote Originally Posted by WANAGL
    Blessings all around...

You and your husband are a blessing to the precious ducks, and they in turn have been a blessing to y’all while you’re dealing with your health problems.

This is GOD-AWESOME ;-)
    Awesome is the word!!

But with the heat wave coming back, we received instructions yesterday to limit all water consummation, I will have to get really creative to clean all their messes with less water...
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Love this. Baby animals of any kind are sooooo cute!
    We live near a duck pond and love seeing the babies waddling around.
    We love watching them! and they grow up so fast! I had no idea!! those past three days they lost most their brown feathers, we can see new colors now! and their wings are growing fast too!!our youngest is in the South to visit the grandparents, I've been sending her photos and videos because she said she missed the ducks!
    Blessings all around...

You and your husband are a blessing to the precious ducks, and they in turn have been a blessing to y’all while you’re dealing with your health problems.

This is GOD-AWESOME ;-)
    Sandra,

I’m sooo sorry you’re experiencing this.

Sending All Good Thoughts and Prayers for a speedy recovery from all these complications.

I can empathize with the frustration of fixing one problem and having another pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    That is so cool and made me smile You're one great couple to take care of the mama duck and her ducklings!! Kudos to you and your husband
    Thank you! mama duck is not always gracious, and when she was sitting on her eggs, we left her alone and didn't use the patio, I fed her veggies since she was only away twice a day for 30 minutes, I figured she could have a hard time eating enough during those short trips to the river. Her offsprings are nicer but I had to ask our youngest to refrain from "playing with them" because we don't want them to think all humans are nice. Funny thing is that mama duck and her husband visited us one year ago, but didn't stay last year!
    My husband is not always happy about all the cleaning , but I can tell he cares too, he did install cameras that turn on the light if there is movement, when we discovered a weasel (how weird in a town!) was hunting in our garden at night. Hubby also got good at chasing those cats who jump the walls.. and scare our friends! Lucky so far the cats came when he was home, I'm not fast enough to run outside..
    So glad that it wasn't anything serious!
    Love this. Baby animals of any kind are sooooo cute!
    We live near a duck pond and love seeing the babies waddling around.
    That is so cool and made me smile You're one great couple to take care of the mama duck and her ducklings!! Kudos to you and your husband
    lol
    They are soooo lucky they are born in the garden of a nutritionist!
    Hubby said yesterday the table is too good, they will never go away, or they will come back next year! LOL!!!

But they also dig the ground for warms, eat greens in the garden and eat lots of bugs...this year almost no mosquito left thanks to our stinky friends!
    lol
    They are soooo lucky they are born in the garden of a nutritionist!
    Owww... übercute!
    Cute, messy and stinky... lol.
    What do you feed them?
    I had to study the question : since they are omnivores, I make them everyday dry food on one side (mixed of broken corn, oat, and natural yeast for their B vitamins, if deficient they can get sick) and "wet food" on the other side (cut veggies, one protein: pork meat, eggs, sardines,tuna, white fish, salmon skin etc, one carb: rice, small pasta, cooked potatoes) with lots of water. For treats, tomatoes or watermelon...but not everyday! too much sugar is not good for them either...

Owww... übercute!
    Cute, messy and stinky... lol.
    What do you feed them?
    So sorry you had to go through this...
    Please let this be the last thing that did not go as planned!
    You deserve to feel great by now, this battle has been long enough...
    xoxo
    My poor husband is so so stressed out right now!

I do think that so many months of raging reflux did damaged my GI track and that's probably the main issue and why I had a complication in the first place.

I was relieved nothing was damaged after my episode because I was really scared of going under again, so close from last surgery.
    Hopefully if I stay on liquids longer (and don't follow the guidelines) and far away from pills I should be fine.

Now my back is killing me after so much stress of sleeping seating for 7 months, I was able to sleep in my bed starting last week but lying down in a bed is actually painful now, my back used to be in an other position for so long. I hope I will be pain-free at some point because this is getting very old...
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Sorry you just can't seem to win lately. Glad it was nothing serious (except the pain and $$) and pray it doesn't happen agin.

Does the doctor have any suggestions to replace that huge pill? Can it be crushed? Or in liquid form?

Good luck!
    An obstruction is often fatal if not treated on time, I was very very lucky it went away by itself. My surgeon was worried.

I couldn't take the pill at the hospital the second day post-op, so my doc said to wait and try again in one week. I tried to cut it too but the taste is so awful I can't swallow it, and no liquid version for that one.
    After the second MRI my surgeon said that since I don't have any stone and my gallbladder looks ok, we'll discuss it again during my first post-op.

I think all my GI track has been really damaged with so many months of awful reflux, my surgeon said my phmetry was the highest he has ever seen. I'm guessing I will need more time to heal because everything is swollen...I'm just going to follow my instinct and stay on full liquid longer to avoid risks....and stay far away from pills (and fish too..)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Oh Sandra, how awful for you. Thank goodness it resolved itself. Shame you had to make the long journey though. At least your surgeon sounds on to it.
    Fingers crossed for a incident free rest of your recovery.
    That was a really violent experience and I also hope it won't happen again! I was really lucky my surgeon was pro active in my treatment, he said those acute episodes can be deadly, and he was ready to operate right away if I was still in pain, because he was sure it was an obstruction. I'm very lucky I didn't have to go under the knife again!
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast