Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

1. Still on a stall BUT ON MY BIKE!!!

So it's Chinese New Year, everything is closed since Friday, will reopen on Thursday, enjoying some time outside!

Long story short, 18 months ago I got a bike to help with exercise and also shopping since I didn't want to get a car when we moved here because I wanted to walk more, public transportation is also pretty good and taxis cheap. I picked a tricycle with a big basket in the back and small in front so carry grocery would be easy. I didn't plan on not being able to bike...because ...
  2. One year Post-op

I met my lovely team on Saturday. I basically spent my entire Saturday morning at the hospital going from the surgeon's office to the lab for blood test, then the nut. I also had a nice chat with my "coordinator" nurse she said I looked amazing and was wondering why I didn't lose more hair !I told her about the Keratin powder to hide my thin spots...she didn't know about it and will share it with other patients! great!!

My surgeon was extremely happy about my results he ...
  3. Looking at year 2

A few months ago I was reading about how our genes affect our weight loss that first year post-op, and how our environment will affect year 2 and the following years.

I will be one year out tomorrow and will have my one year post-op on Saturday.
    This past-year has been many things, sometimes a roller coaster with many ups and a few downs, sometimes really cozy and calm...but those precious times are just not enough to always feel stress-free.
    Still, that past year has ...
  4. In a stall for two months. Not gaining is winning (on the weight loss battle field ;-)!

I was in a stall since November.

Had a bad flu, my asthma kicked in (I was almost free of it since 2011) and while I was happy to be able to stay away from antibiotics, I still had to take my asthma medication for several weeks.
    At the same time I've been in a stall since November, didn't pay attention for a few weeks, then realized in December that it was indeed again a side effect of the medication.
    In 2011 when I had the worst issues with my lungs (asthma/pneumonia ...
  5. Cauliflower is back on the menu!

Soon after surgery there's many smells and food I couldn't stand any longer. Cauliflower (and all cruciferous veggies) pepper bell, some protein powder or vitamins...the list was long.
    For the last three months I've been able to drink a protein powder I used before surgery and it felt great!
    But I did try cauliflower several times and was never successful.
    The thing is, here in Taipei there's many veggies I like I can't find, and in Asian cuisine they use lots of cabbage and ...