Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Fighting to keep the bacon has made me laugh!!! My body has done that today at my week 6 weigh in! I'm not worried and i love that expression! Gosh you sound busy, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and congratulations on your weight loss :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Congrats Sandra!!! I knew you would do better with better access to good nutrition. I am so happy for you! And that is awesome that you will be able to get the skin removal surgeries as well. You have lost a lot and deserve it. I am fortunate enough for mine to not be too bad. Although I would really like a small boob job. My poor boobies are little sad sacks right now. So that would probably be the one thing I do when I can afford it. Keep us posted. So glad to hear you are doing so well. I've missed you!
    I miss you too Christie!
    My "own time" has been really limited lately, I had a few more hours this week because it's the school holidays and the kiddos went spend some time with their grandparents in the South. But they come back in two hours! Regarding the skin, it got worth with the last pounds gone and my legs look really terrible but I'm (almost) fine with it, I never really liked skirts anyway, especially since I became obese 21 years ago.
    My boobies are a little deflated too but so far not that bad (compare to the awful bat-wings). Wearing the right size bra does help a lot and I changed it several times so far, not for the cup size which did stay the same(still C or B depending on the cut of the bra) but I went from 42 at my biggest to now 36. I hope you will get the boob job at some point, that will be the cherry on top and you deserve it too!

My surgeries are covered by my insurance but because I'm going to get it done with a very famous professor (that surgeon is also specialized with burned victims and his work is simply amazing, I also saw his work on face lifts it's simply magical! I want him because my skin is really awful) I will have to pay out of pocket anyway because he does charge an extra fee. It's not that much (around 2000 € per surgery) and I did negotiate the price because for the insurance it is considered as "not cosmetic but repair" I was able to get a better deal, the surgeon was nice to accept my offer and understand where I was coming from (This is really needed...and I'm not wealthy...).
    Anyway...I will keep you posted!! XX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    I'm so glad you're loving being back in Europe. Looks like you now have all the resources you have needed for some time.

Please stay connected here. It's good to hear from you.
    Thank you for your message Ann! No doubt I will try to come here more often, I miss you all for sure.
    But I'm having really crazy busy weeks right now, can't wait to have a few days off, I'm exhausted. I was planning on using my long commute to post more often and even did take a plan with a huge 4G data but unfortunately it doesn't work on my train and I can sometimes get a few minutes of connection to read a few posts but can't send anything. I even tried an other provider, same thing. So frustrating!
    So I use the time in the train to prepare for an exam I will take in December, Law school was in an other life, I did use some of the knowledge but never really worked in that field so I'm preparing for an exam working on Criminal procedure and I have a lot to learn since it changed so much in the last 20 years. New challenges are a little stressful but I like to learn, it's a change compare to nutrition :-). I honestly don't think I will pass the December exam because I should have started at least to prepare one year before the exam, but at least it will be a good test to see where I am at...and then focus on my mistakes and improve for next year...live and learn...
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    It sounds like the move was a great thing in so many ways! Congrats and enjoy!!
    Thank you! There's a lot of positive going back home after being overseas for 15 years. Somewhere it also feels like being in a foreign country...weird but I'm glad to see more of my friends, many I missed a lot more than I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Paris my favourite city, i was just there for the Australian summer. Congratulations on breaking the stall. So nice to hear you doing well :-)
    Thanks Stacy! Paris is great when you are visiting, not that great when you work/live there. My train was late three days in a row last week and on Friday we got stuck in the middle of nowhere for 2H15. Indeed we choosing to live in the countryside and commute is part of the problem, but I don't like being in a city during the week end..and living in Paris "intramuros" cost way too much for the kind of place we need with three children..
    Congrats Sandra!!! I knew you would do better with better access to good nutrition. I am so happy for you! And that is awesome that you will be able to get the skin removal surgeries as well. You have lost a lot and deserve it. I am fortunate enough for mine to not be too bad. Although I would really like a small boob job. My poor boobies are little sad sacks right now. So that would probably be the one thing I do when I can afford it. Keep us posted. So glad to hear you are doing so well. I've missed you!
    I'm so glad you're loving being back in Europe. Looks like you now have all the resources you have needed for some time.

Please stay connected here. It's good to hear from you.
    It sounds like the move was a great thing in so many ways! Congrats and enjoy!!
    Paris my favourite city, i was just there for the Australian summer. Congratulations on breaking the stall. So nice to hear you doing well :-)
    I was in France in August. The food!!!! Amazing! Sounds like you're doing well!
    With all that going on, I'm so impressed! Congrats on your continued success!!
    Thank you! with all the turmoil around I was trying to focus a little on myself, with access to nutritious food again it was so easy to make good choices! I was a little worried about our two weeks at the hotel before the departure but I was careful and we ate mostly Japanese (for the fish). Yet I had to ban the chocolate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydensmomma
    Hey! Long time no talk!! Sounds like your doing great!!!
    Hey Teri!! I'm glad to see you back! I missed you!! I'm doing very good regarding the circumstances, can't wait to unpack for good and to feel at home again!
    What about you? how are you? what's new?
    Congrats Sandra! I know it must be such a relief to not have to stress about having access to quality foods and vitamins. I am sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she is doing well. Enjoy your vacation and your friends. Catch us up when you get settled. Big hugs my friend.
    Thank you my friend! I must say it feels a little silly to be so happy doing the grocery shopping!!!I even came back from the south with beautiful organic zucchinis and amazing pink garlic, made an amazing dish with those and feta cheese the very next day. I'm glad I had a few happy times like that. Because those past two months are just eurk!
    My mum is doing great thanks!! she was actually nice the first day right after surgery, I knew she was very sick for being that nice. After two day she went back to her usual self: mean, judgmental and awful...so she is really good, no worries!
    My poor hubby is by himself in France with our youngest, he has been taking over after I left, had to deal with more issues with the house...I think September might be complicated too...but one day at a time..big hugs dear Christie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Rudewick
    Oh France!! Always wanted to go there! You are doing an amazing job of keeping things together. Moving by itself is stressful but with everything else that makes it doubly so. Pat yourself on the back!! You have handled all of it beautifully.
    Donna, I hope you will get a chance to visit my beautiful country! if you can come let me know I can help you prepare your trip! but don't stay only in Paris, there's so much to see in the countryside.
    I did feel that those past two months were especially hard...so I did treat myself this week some shoe shopping and tomorrow I'm getting a mani-pedi!
    Sandra, sounds like you're doing the very best job you can of caring for yourself while managing a lot of whirling dervishes in your life. Good on you!

I hope the next phase of your life (in France, I gather) will soon become easier on you.

Best wishes!
    Thank you for your message my dear Ann!
    I hope things will get easier too, the last two months have been extremely complicated, I can't wait to settle into a little routine and prepare the winter holidays!
    With all that going on, I'm so impressed! Congrats on your continued success!!
    Hey! Long time no talk!! Sounds like your doing great!!!
    Congrats Sandra! I know it must be such a relief to not have to stress about having access to quality foods and vitamins. I am sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she is doing well. Enjoy your vacation and your friends. Catch us up when you get settled. Big hugs my friend.
    Oh France!! Always wanted to go there! You are doing an amazing job of keeping things together. Moving by itself is stressful but with everything else that makes it doubly so. Pat yourself on the back!! You have handled all of it beautifully.
    Sandra, sounds like you're doing the very best job you can of caring for yourself while managing a lot of whirling dervishes in your life. Good on you!

I hope the next phase of your life (in France, I gather) will soon become easier on you.

Best wishes!
    You are a work in progress.
    Right before the surgery we bought a bigger house in France, really old (1850) in very good shape, structure and bones are amazing but lots of cosmetic issues. The remodeling is taking for ever, and it feels it's the same for me!!

And it's true that getting what I need has been a real challenge, I can say for sure I'm going to stay away from tuna and hard boiled eggs for a while!
    I can't wait to be back home, sad to leave my dear friends here but so happy to have access to regular food! I'm already thinking of what I will cook next week!! lots of soups, turkey stew, organic burgers, ham!!! zucchini gratin, green beans.... and salad! I can't wait! I won't look at my scale right away but I know it will help my metabolism for sure!
    big hugs!!! so glad you are back with us!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    It is fortunate, and what a blessing all around, that you are able to consult with a plastic surgeon.
    I love to read you too!

I know it's lucky I can have access to plastic surgery. But actually those surgery post-bariatric are considered reconstructive, that's why our national health insurance refund it. I was reading that lately prices are going up so I should make up my mind before the rules change.
    There's many medications that are not refunded anymore.
    We do pay lots of taxes, but we do have access to almost free medicine, that's really lucky indeed.
    I saw to surgeon last July here in Taiwan but here they don't have experience with surgery on patient being previously morbidly obese so they didn't know how to put back my muscles together. So my bariatric surgeon advised me to do it in France. Last year exactly one year ago my tummy was really painful, now it's much better.
    So I will see what the professor say, I might need to lose more weight if my muscle issue can wait...don't know! the major surgery is my tummy (it does scare the hell out of me!) but it's really needed...the batwings...hum...I want it but can't really cope with that many surgeries...I don't know what I will decide for the arm lift, but I know if I had an other insurance and they wouldn't pay for the tummy I would go to Mexico to do it.

Today was my last day for the move, container is closed. What was really funny was to see the very same team that did our move when we arrived. They couldn't believe "I melted so much" and the boss told me I was beautiful! how sweet! my husband was next to him when he told me that, I could see hubby smiling....but back to the move I found in the storage room a few suits I can now wear
    I hate moving but love good surprises!
    Sandra, congrats on all you've accomplished thus far. I'm glad you're feeling confident -- you deserve to feel that way.
    Knowing for several years that my obesity is genetic (and I gave it to my youngest) I will never forget that it's a fragile balance. And being a slow loser doesn't help because it's seems the journey is for ever...I mean I really want to reach my goal weight at some point...but those three episodes of gaining weight after the sleeve (because of different medications) did show me that now it's possible to lose that weight again. Before it was a battle lost. Now I have more power!
    You are a work in progress. You have done such amazing things given the complexity of living in areas where it is hard to get the foods you need to help in your process. You have accomplished what many of us would not have been able to in those circumstances. We had it easy with plenty of access to everything imaginable. I am always amazed at how much you have done. You are awesome!! I know that getting back home will just continue you on your path. Big hugs!!
    Sandra, I love your heartfelt blogs. I see you, and I feel your struggle. You are a beautiful warrior and I know this is not a fight you will give up Ever!

It is fortunate, and what a blessing all around, that you are able to consult with a plastic surgeon. That's a luxury and far distant fantasy for me, for now. I just have to make peace with I got going on right now.

It's funny though, everyday that I get dressed I have a slight fear that my clothes won't fit me, it is such a relief and surreal feeling when they do and in fact looser than the days or weeks before. I guess it will take a while to get used to our new body/weight/size? I just don't want to wake up one day to not able to fit into my clothes.
    Sandra, congrats on all you've accomplished thus far. I'm glad you're feeling confident -- you deserve to feel that way.

The truly big challenge of this whole thing is that it is never, never, ever, ever over. It's not like "your cancer is cured" or "your new hip joint has healed perfectly" or "your gall bladder will never give you any trouble again." No matter how well you've lost or maintained up to this point, you still have to wake up tomorrow morning and do it all over again. We each have to adjust to that reality. But it is wonderful to see that we CAN do it. I'm so happy you are there.
    Congrats on your continued success! Sounds like you're focused and on the right path!
    Thanks for the support my friend!
    It's always interesting to discuss with the surgeon because he has the experience of thousands of patients and told me he knew that I was going to do great since the start (hum...I was not that certain..), and it was confirmed when I reached 9 months because that's usually when people who "are not in the right path" start to regain. He also said that the fact that I always showed up for the post-op visits and I'm so involved in nutrition do show I'm persistent and that's the key for success.
    I must say persistence is not always my best quality (also because I'm so busy) but it's true that I do feel confident now, even if a few months ago I was still scared I was going to fail..I mean...months fly, kilos are not coming back but still going away...it does feel like a kind of miracle sometimes but now I know it's here to stay .
    Congrats on your continued success! Sounds like you're focused and on the right path!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Summer stuff is really cheap right now, go out and buy yourself one cute summer dress!
    Unfortunately I'm still in Asia (for two more weeks) and nothing cute in my size! I will be back in France soon and in the US at the end of August, shopping will have to wait for those trips...
    Summer stuff is really cheap right now, go out and buy yourself one cute summer dress!
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast