Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

1. Surgery on Friday!!

After meeting with two new surgeons in May, I saw again one of those two on Monday, but at the same time also organized an appointment with an other "rescue" surgeon, but this time working in a private hospital.
    Long story short, I always preferred going for public hospitals but couldn't cope any longer!!

When the fourth surgeon (public) said "it was going to be complicated and I needed to do more exams" ....then she said I was going to have surgery in October ...
  2. Back on PPI-pain after 5 days...argh!!!

So...I couldn't make it to 7 days! H2 was not strong enough...shame...

Early Sunday, reflux was so so bad I decided to go back on my PPI...and had to take 80 mg at first, it was soooo bad.

Today, after a long discussion with my friend (pharmacist) and an other (less interesting, he only talks about meds) with my cousin, also pharmacist, I finally decided to try an other approach.

Since my last research does show that the hernia is raising my stress level ...
  3. Trying to stop the PPI...again...and surprise!

On Wednesday, I realized that my GP was off on holidays, and since I was not going to wait until next week, I spoke to the nurse, and decided to give a try to the H2(Zantac).
    It's been three days, I did lower my carbs a bit, but not that much...and surprise!!
    6 pounds lower!!!
    So I won't jump up and down right now since it has to be showing up several times on the scale to be "real" and not just water retention getting better...
    But the encouraging thing : ...
  4. New whale...new scale...

The last past months since October feel like it's been one setback after an other.

And with many issues pilling up, one that sub-stain hard and strong is weight regain. I feel like a whale again.

After I was done with months of prednisone, I was hoping in February to see my weight go down, like it did since the sleeve. One week of prednisone would make me gain like 5 kgs (5 months out) but 3 weeks later it was all gone! same thing happened when I was like 18 months ...
  5. Veggies or no veggies...

Katrina made an interesting post about apples a few days ago, I will share my last experiment with veggies. So weird....I don't know what's going on!

Before the sleeve, I had a hard time eating veggies, because my kind of IBS couldn't stand fibers, so I was limited in my choices.

Post sleeve, for some mysterious reasons, I was able to eat many more veggies!! My IBS was almost gone!
    But a few veggies I liked and could eat before sleeve with no issue (cruciferous: ...
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast