Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    Yay! You're team sounds very supportive. Great work sleeve buddy.
    Thanks Theresa! It took me for ever to decide where I was going to have the surgery but I know I made the right decision. I've been to many hospitals in different countries and this team is just amazing. I will really miss them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest decision ever!!!
    Congratulations Sandra!! That's a huge accomplishment in one year!! And you're definitely not done so 30/40 more sounds totally possible!!
    Have you tried an elliptical machine? They're not as hard on your knees and it gives great results, especially the ones where you also use your arms because it works out your entire body.

Cheers to 2017!!
    Thanks Liz! The Elliptical is not working for me. Besides walking which can be fine for a few miles then I get stuck...there's not many options left unfortuntly. Stairs are awful too...
    I'm trying a few new things this week, we'll see how it goes..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    ✨Congratulations on such great doctor's visit!✨
    Thanks a lot Shirl!!!

Well, on the knee issue, I hope I will be able to avoid surgery. My mother in law just got her new knee in March and she is almost 70...
    I know that I do have many joint/muscle issues that are the consequences of being so big for so long, but also ballet intensive for several year until I was 16 years old certainly did take it's toll on my body. At that time I was slim but I think it was just too many hours of hard work out on a growing body that already had issues. My feet are "deformed" because of ballet. I don't regret it but it was obvious that I would never make a job if it so I should have been less involved...anyway..can't change the past. At least I didn't let my older daughter do the same mistake..

Iron: I tried everything available on the market (my cousin is a pharmacist, I got lots of free samples) but so far my conclusion is that my absorption is better when it's iron from plants. In June my doc in France put me under a iron from the pharmacy and I couldn't stand it, got really sick with it. So I went back to what I took before.
    I currently take "Rainbow Light, Complete Iron, Mini-Tabs, 60 Mini Tablets" (and your pharmacist is right about vitamin C, those have some) and also "Rainbow Light, Certified Plant-Source Iron, 50 Plant Capsules " those are made with organic curry leaves.
    The complete iron is 30 mg, the curry one is 20, so I currently take one complete for breakfast and one complete for lunch and one curry for dinner, when I was out of the complete I just took four of the curry...

But I couldn't open your link about your supplement...

Artichoke: I take both liquid and capsule.
    The liquid I got in France: one dose is the equivalent of 1500mg of dry plant. It's mixed with other plants to give a better taste. I must say the taste is funky I won't buy it again. I didn't see the equivalent of that one in the US. That one is strong and I took it for only one week. One bottle is made to be used just for that time.

The capsules are made from organics artichoke and one capsule is 600mg. Again it's a Vietnamese brand, I got it last year when I was visiting a museum about traditional medicine in Saigon, part of it is an organic factory that work with a French pharmacy. Price was amazing so I got several bottles.
    I looked online and I think the equivalent in the US could be "Oregon's Wild Harvest, Artichoke, 90 Non-GMO Veggie Caps". I also have used artichoke from other French brands and the dosage is the same.
    I usually take two capsules per day, one morning, one evening. But start with just one to see how you feel, because since you also have IBS is could be a trigger for some people.
    My IBS never reacted with artichoke and I give it to my older kids too a few times per year, especially after we come back from France or travels where we had dinner parties one after the other. Usually the kids would take it two or three days, I take it one or two weeks.
    This time because I want to take it longer I only take it every two days.
    What a great one year appointment!! You have done wonderfully!! And I always love the knowledge you share with us. Happy anniversary!
    Awesome!! Way to go!
    Yay! You're team sounds very supportive. Great work sleeve buddy.
    Congratulations Sandra!! That's a huge accomplishment in one year!! And you're definitely not done so 30/40 more sounds totally possible!!
    Have you tried an elliptical machine? They're not as hard on your knees and it gives great results, especially the ones where you also use your arms because it works out your entire body.

Cheers to 2017!!
    ✨Congratulations on such great doctor's visit!✨

You are doing fantastic! And I know you will do even better this year! I hope knee situation gets resolved, my partner was an athlete in high school and college, mostly track & field and jogged daily until ten years ago, now he just does elliptical, but point was that had to have a knee replacement 3 years ago and it was the best thing he ever did. Wish you were here in Austin his doctor worked magic! He was walking within hours and on the elliptical by a week out. He is still on arthritis medication, but dose is much smaller than before.

I looked for artichoke supplements, but not sure which to buy. There were liquid, pill and tea form. What do you buy?

Also, my pharmacist suggested I take an iron supplement with vitamin c for better absorption.

Here is what I take https://www.numedica.com/literature/...rd09232013.pdf not sure if you can get same brand, but look for iron that comes with vitC.

I have always have been low grade anemic, but last labs iron actually cane back in normal (lower) range, that was a new for me!!!

I took a diuretic after my moon was over. I'm on a stall scale wise, but looking for NSV so not to feel discouraged, it's such mental work when that freaking number just doesn't move. It's worst when it creeps up a few pounds lol!

Please do share your supplement brand.

Sending you immense love, peace and light always!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! I know exactly what you mean about the not knowing where you are going. It is such a frustrating feeling the not knowing. I hope you find out soon because it makes it so much better to mentally prepare. Do you know when you are supposed to be moving?
    You have a great solid plan for your upcoming year. I think having goals is so important. Once again, congrats on all your successes!
    Thanks Christie! usually we move during the Summer, from June to end of July most of the time. But sometimes we only know by the end of May where we are moving. I'm the planner in our family, and usually June=headaches...
    Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! I know exactly what you mean about the not knowing where you are going. It is such a frustrating feeling the not knowing. I hope you find out soon because it makes it so much better to mentally prepare. Do you know when you are supposed to be moving?
    You have a great solid plan for your upcoming year. I think having goals is so important. Once again, congrats on all your successes!
    So happy for you! I hope my own outlook is as great at year 2. You inspire me!
    Congrats sleeve buddy. I know next year comes with different challenges (hopefully not in addition to the existing challenges) but we've come this far so I know we can meet the next set and be victorious. (Okay that sounds goofy, been reading too much fantasy. �� Hope the new choices bring less stress and less stress.
    You've done sooo marvelous! You are one of the most proactive Warriors! and I look forward to celebrating your victories with you!

Wherever life takes you, you got this!

✨Hugs!
    Sounds like a good plan! Hope it's a place like you said that you can get better food. Sounds like everything will turn out for you....you got this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I am not as far as you so I don't have any good advice to give you but I hope your stall ends soon! I know even the small ones I have had in the beginning have been frustrating.
    Thanks Christie! The scale did move the day of my post which was a big relieve and it's moving since, I checked again this morning. It's noting big, one pound three days ago, half a pound today, but I can see a major difference even in my body. I think the medication "is gone" so my body can do it's job like before! I feel less bloated.
    Stalls are a pain. Because I'm getting closer from my goal I will probably need to get ready to expect many more. But two months was a long time..longest stall so far!
    I am not as far as you so I don't have any good advice to give you but I hope your stall ends soon! I know even the small ones I have had in the beginning have been frustrating.
    I think this time of year it's hard to avoid a stall.
    Because we are in Asia we didn't really celebrate. Plus last year with a group of friend we did a big party but this year one moved and the other one was on holidays, so we decided to go to Japan for Xmas. For Xmas eve we were eating Japanese bbq (meat and veggies) and I had two pieces of pineapple. We came back everybody was sick so lot's of soups and New Year's eve same : grilled fish and veggies, this time two pieces of chocolate. We had a work function last week, food was done by a local chef, I had grilled fish...and one 1/4 cup of panacotta. No alcohol at all, I was drinking tea!
    So I think diet is still not the issue here, but my asthma treatment is guilty for sure.
    Plus the lack of exercise...sigh!!
    Chinese New Year is coming at the end of the month, that's what they celebrate here.
    But I'm not worried...it should not affect my diet either...I'm not a big fan of Chinese food, even if Chinese food is better here...but their sweets are just plain boring and since I've tried everything already I won't have any this year...no point...
    If we do something with friends I will bring my own food to share..
    I think I need to continue with my artichoke supplement to clear up my medication from my system...may be after two weeks of it I will see a real change!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydensmomma
    When I stalled I switched things up. I had been doing the same exercises, eating the same etc. So I took a break from exercise and ate a little more. Broke the stall :-)
    I tried that but it did nothing. I can't exercise much because I have new injuries (well, actually old one that got worth) but I know the medication was really the main issue here. Plus we have so much pollution this year, I really hope I won't get sick again. because it takes me so long to recover!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    I'm hearing Pat Benatar all over your subject!

I'm on a stall too, and on the water gain cycle (pms) this week which is bumming me out! I stepped on the scale this morning and it's 180lbs. I have had several episodes of vascular edema and I have low dose hydrochloride (water pill) that helps once a month.

Tell me more about the artichoke supplements.
    It's hard to find artichoke here in Taiwan. I used to eat hearts in salad but can't do any longer! So I came back from my last trip with artichoke extract but it does also exist in capsules. Artichoke is used to clean up you GI track, basically it will help with the waste, draining all bad stuff :cholesterol but also helping with liver functions.
    I used to take concentrate artichoke right after the winter holidays or Summer vacations to clear up the excess from food. Here clearly it was to help clear up the medication and I think it did help. My complexion always get better after I take artichoke. It's natural, no side effect..
    I think this time of year it's hard to avoid a stall.
    When I stalled I switched things up. I had been doing the same exercises, eating the same etc. So I took a break from exercise and ate a little more. Broke the stall :-)
    I'm hearing Pat Benatar all over your subject!

I'm on a stall too, and on the water gain cycle (pms) this week which is bumming me out! I stepped on the scale this morning and it's 180lbs. I have had several episodes of vascular edema and I have low dose hydrochloride (water pill) that helps once a month.

Tell me more about the artichoke supplements.
    PS: almost forgot to say I started to take artichoke supplement this week end to help with getting rid of toxins..
    Enjoy your new joy in cauliflower!
    that's great news! Its always nice knowing you can enjoy a favorite food! I love cauliflower! Enjoy!
    Woohoo! Great and enjoy the cauliflower as there's many uses for that veggie. I also love cauliflower
    That's a lovely NSV.
    ✨Happy New Year!✨

I hope 2017 brings you greater health and joys!

Congratulations on your Sleeversary and for always giving sage advice!

oxoxox
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest decision ever!!!
    Happy New Year Sleeve Buddy!!! We made 2016 our year, just imagine what we can do in 2017!!!

Cheers everyone!!
    Let's make 2017 a better year for our health if that's even possible! Cheers to my Sleeve Buddy!
    Happy new year. Here's to a joy filled, healthy and prosperous 2017!🎆🎉🍷
    Thank you Theresa!
    2017 will be a busy year, a new move again for us...but for sure we will reach a better health together!
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast