Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. 6 months out - losing hair (finally)

Well, it was my 6-month 'surgi-versary" this week - everything seems on track .. broke out of the stall from last month, lost a few more lbs, and back on another stall now ... and the dreaded and foretold hair loss has finally occurred. It's been falling out in great gobs for about a month now, every time I wash my hair, brush my hair, etc. It is very alarming to see all that hair, like every single day, in a pile in my hand or on the floor ... but really, overall on my head it doesn't look ...
  2. Week 24 (5.5 months) - is there a 5th month stall?

Well, I've been losing and gaining 0.1 lbs at a time, within the same pound marker (and no body fat% losses registering), for the last 4 weeks! Now that's what I call a stall!

I didn't want to jinx it by calling it early, but it's been 5 days since I broke out of that pattern, and my body fat % is dropping again.

I'm not going to lie, I did some freaking out - but stayed solid with my proteins, water, supplements, exercise routine - and it worked!

3. 21 weeks out - more stomach space?

It's almost 5 months out for me - and for the most part I can still only get in about 1/2 cup of food in a sitting. Sometimes I get in a bit more than that if I eat too fast and am not paying attention (yes, that still happens sometimes!) and usually it`s just uncomfortable for a little while. A good time to go for a walk to get digestion under way!

One exception seems to be liquids - I seem to be able to get in quite a bit more at a time than I used to

The other ...
  4. 19 weeks out (almost) - high protein pumpkin things!

So far so good, everything moving along tickety boo - 72 lbs less than when I started this adventure (49 lbs since surgery date), and having a great time fitting into my old clothes! No complaints and nothing extraordinary going on.

I wanted to share a couple of protein food ideas that I recently came across and totally love!

First one is a new product at Costco (new to me, in Canada) called Kodiak Cakes - Flapjack and Waffle mix. I was craving pancakes, and this ...
  5. 18 weeks out : me < obese

So, I was reading some forum posts, and a discussion about BMI came up. There's a number I haven't calculated in a while ... I plunked my numbers into one of those online jobbies and low and behold, I am now considered 'overweight' instead of 'obese'.
    I've been 'obese' for as long as I can remember ... never thought I'd be thrilled about being 'overweight' - but there you go!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast