Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Davis165

1. One year mark!

I'm waiting for Payitforward to correct me on this! It has been almost 12 wonderful months since I underwent a surgery that forever changed my life. I have as of this date 09/26/2016 lost 137 pounds, 12 of those are from the two week diet pre surgery. So 125 pounds in a year, give or take a few days to a week. I haven't reached onederland, as of yet, but I'm working VERY hard to get to and maintain my goal. Do I know what my goal is? Well, it says 165 on my ticket, but who knows what it'll ...
  2. Got a compliment ..kind of.

I was at work the other night, just about to go on my break when the patient I was with noticed me getting all of my things ready for break. I walk during my breaks and was getting my phone out, for music and my headphones. The patient asked me if I was going to exercise, to which I said yes. They said how much weight did I want to lose. I said about 80 pounds. They looked at me and said, I doubt that you have 80 pounds to lose, maybe 50, more like 40. Now, to someone else their comment may have ...
  3. Fainting anyone??

My surgery, recovery and in general, life post-op, has been good. Until recently. I fainted at work about a week ago. I had been feeling a bit odd at work and needed to sit down or I knew that I may fall down. I knew something just wasn't right. That happened earlier in that week. Later in that same week I experienced the same sensations, yet didn't have the opportunity to sit and rest/regroup. All I remember is saying that I needed to sit down and then waking up on the floor! I was so confused, ...
  4. Going to the gym...with this body.

I am fortunate enough to have an opportunity to join a rather nice gym, it's connected to the school that I'm attending. The only draw back is the view I have of myself. The facility is very nice and I am so thrilled to be able to go. It is right next to my job, making it easy to get my workout done right after work, which is great! My issue is walking into the gym and just generally being there with other people who have zero body image issues. I feel like the biggest person in the place!! It is ...
  5. The head games have started!!

I'm now 79 days or two and a little over half a month out from surgery. My loss is at 60 lbs now and I'm pleased with that. What I've come against now are the munchie mind games. I'm realizing that the head games are a beast to defeat..they are able to be taken down, I know, but the battle is messy and real. What brought me to this decision to have surgery was the fact that my weight was careening out of control. I was mindlessly eating copious amounts of food. I NEVER want to go back there!! So, ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast