Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Donna, it's mostly water. Happens when you start working out. Micro tears occur in your muscles before your body repairs the tears with more muscle tissue. In the meantime, water rushes to those areas to protect the "injured" area. The temporary weight gain makes many people freak out and stop their exercise program.

DO NOT STOP. In a few weeks that water weight will go away.

Been there. Lived that.

You're doing great.
    Oh I'm not stopping. I've come to far to quit. Loving the results and the fact that it's happening relatively quickly. Gonna stay off the scale for awhile. And thank you!
    Donna, it's mostly water. Happens when you start working out. Micro tears occur in your muscles before your body repairs the tears with more muscle tissue. In the meantime, water rushes to those areas to protect the "injured" area. The temporary weight gain makes many people freak out and stop their exercise program.

DO NOT STOP. In a few weeks that water weight will go away.

Been there. Lived that.

You're doing great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Those are the best kind of workouts! Jello legs at the end. I remember doing that once and not being able to drive home because my legs were worthless. LOL. You are doing awesome! Keep it up Donna because before you know it you are going to be so toned and fit. I love working out and getting fit. When I run I feel like a rock star....even if it is just in my mind. I attribute the working out to not having horrible hangy skin.
    I didn't work out while I was losing. Wish I had now. But I did get on the scale the other day and almost had a fit!! I'm up 7 pounds from when I started. I had to stop and take a breath. It muscle. I haven't eaten more, as a matter of fact I've eaten less cause I'm to tired to eat. I love that I'm toning up but dang that number gets ya!! So now I'm staying off the scale. My husband noticed today that my thighs have really muscled up and that my arms when I wear a sleeveless shirt are firmer. So I guess it's working!!
    Those are the best kind of workouts! Jello legs at the end. I remember doing that once and not being able to drive home because my legs were worthless. LOL. You are doing awesome! Keep it up Donna because before you know it you are going to be so toned and fit. I love working out and getting fit. When I run I feel like a rock star....even if it is just in my mind. I attribute the working out to not having horrible hangy skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    Time to put up a new profile picture, I think
    Lol Pam G. I haven't taken any good ones.
    Time to put up a new profile picture, I think
    Yay!! I am so happy to hear that. You are going to love the changes in your body from cross fit!! Keep it up. Before you know it you will be doing more and more. Keep us posted.
    I'm already loving it. My husband had me make a muscle for him and he goes "hmm I can see some definition happening there." I'm really lucky that he's always so supportive of whatever I try to do. I can see why this crossfit would be addicting now. If you keep at it your results start pretty quick and that is always a plus.
    Yay!! I am so happy to hear that. You are going to love the changes in your body from cross fit!! Keep it up. Before you know it you will be doing more and more. Keep us posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Doesn't how you do the exercises, you're doing them! So impressive! Enjoy your "break"
    I'm giving it all I got that's for sure lol
    Doesn't how you do the exercises, you're doing them! So impressive! Enjoy your "break"
    Hahaha. Half marathon. Only half crazy!!! I had a few months that I could not run due to vitamin D deficiency making my hips hurt. Now that I have that under control I am a running fool.
    That's still awesome. I'm dying just running 200 meters lol
    Congrats!!! That's so impressive! Hope you're enjoying it!
    Thank you! Can't say I'm enjoying it yet but hopefully that will come!
    Quote Originally Posted by manzerick
    Awesome work! Boot camp is not easy!
    It's definitely not easy but so rewarding!
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerGuy
    congrats!!
    Thank you!
    congrats!!
    Fantastic!! Congrats on your hard work and dedication!
    Thanks!!
    Fantastic!! Congrats on your hard work and dedication!
    Congrats!!! That's so impressive! Hope you're enjoying it!
    Awesome work! Boot camp is not easy!
    Hahaha. Half marathon. Only half crazy!!! I had a few months that I could not run due to vitamin D deficiency making my hips hurt. Now that I have that under control I am a running fool.
    The first days are always the hardest...especially if you don't stretch and rest. I have no problems going to bed with Ben Gay on. My husband laughs and says it keeps his nasal passages clear! We tend to have Ben Gay nights because we are training for a half marathon.
    Lol on the nasal passages. You are a dynamo to be doing marathons!! To be honest I was so glad there was 1 other lady in my age group with about the same fitness level as me. Which is zilch btw. We exchanged phone numbers at the end of class cause we were both helping each other. It would have been so intimidating had I been the only almost 50 year old woman there. But every one was very nice which is really surprising. It's more like a family thing. I've been to gyms and never heard an encouraging word but this crossfit world of folks are just awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Rudewick
    Right now I want a vat of Ben gay lol. It's even other day for the next 4 weeks with optional weekend classes. I certainly hope it gets easier cause today was no joke lol
    The first days are always the hardest...especially if you don't stretch and rest. I have no problems going to bed with Ben Gay on. My husband laughs and says it keeps his nasal passages clear! We tend to have Ben Gay nights because we are training for a half marathon.
    Quote Originally Posted by turtleRose
    That's awesome!! Have that young instructor help you with that BenGay
    Lol if I was 20 years younger and single I sure would lol
    That's awesome!! Have that young instructor help you with that BenGay
    Respect! You're have huge gonads!
    Thanks Ann. I'm pretty proud of me to. Although I did question myself several times as to why I'm torturing myself this way lol. Still walking funny at the moment but it's all good!!
    Yay Donna!!! Proud of you!!!! Trust me, it'll get easier and you'll get addicted. Just make sure to stretch and have rest days. And Ben Gay if ya need to.
    Right now I want a vat of Ben gay lol. It's even other day for the next 4 weeks with optional weekend classes. I certainly hope it gets easier cause today was no joke lol
    Respect! You're have huge gonads!
    Yay Donna!!! Proud of you!!!! Trust me, it'll get easier and you'll get addicted. Just make sure to stretch and have rest days. And Ben Gay if ya need to.
    Love how brave you are! Sounds like fun.
    Donna! Howdy, good to hear from you. So impressed that you're doing Crossfit. And seeing that guy gave you some very understandable inspiration. We've all come such a long way. Three years out, I can say there's so much more journey to come -- all good: Fitness, learning how to maintain, trying new things, learning to focus on things other than our weight, etc. Life is so good.
    Thank you Ann!! Yes this has definitely been a learning experience. I've learned to love life being the main thing. I will keep everyone posted on my trials and tribulations of crossfit. It's sure to be a humdinger lol.
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast