Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

May I ask how much your doctor wants you to lose in the 30 days? Because I was put on that same diet before my surgery. I was to have 2 Glucernas in the morning and 1 for lunch and then a low carb high protein diet for lunch and NO snacking. And I lost like 20 lbs. He wanted me to lose 30 but that didn't work out lol.. But I still had the surgery
    That's such a great idea!! I have wraps at the moment but no idea what to do with them.

And no, I was not put on a diet at all. I was told to drop 22 pounds in the two months before the operation. The doc said that the weight loss would lead to a reduction in my liver before the surgery. I did a bit of reading and discovered that low carbs, high protein decreases the fat in the liver. So I decided to do just that.

Thanks for your input both of you!
    yep...that IS how we all got here..and now we have to relearn those habits!
    Hi Neaty, we all love carbs, whats not to love about them... really, haven't found a carb that grossed me out, personally. Now wheres the long lists of veggies and ys even some fruits go on that gross list. Glad to hear and see your commitment. You can do it. Is the doctor having you do a 15 day low carb pre-op or is this something you are doing on your own?

Some ideas for low carbs-to trick your body into thinking you are having carbs

if you take a low carb tortilla, put it in a baking bowl or tortilla bowl if you have one, put it in the oven-you can turn it into crispy shell taco salad

or cut the tortilla up in pieces, still put it in the oven, and have low carb tortilla chips with salsa. I bake mine at 250 and just watch it.

You can use that same type of tortilla, just keep it flat, to turn it into a thin crust pizza of your choice. I've done that and/or use flavored wraps that are low carb and/or pita bread that is low carb and enjoy your pizza.

I have other ideas, but cant think of others, but hope this helps
    No, you are not alone! I was just discussing this very topic with my co-worker yesterday. She is also obese, but is losing weight. Sometimes the nice comments are kinda hard to take.

Beachgirl122851...Amen! LOL!
    LOL, Beachgirl122851, I hear that exact same think, haha.
    I loved it but then again everyone all said I never needed to lose weight anyway - til they saw before pictures and realized they just never saw me as being heavy - I was just me. I'm over 3 years out and still hear it all the time - mostly cause I had a tummy tuck in January so that helped alot
    Go to Vitamin Shoppe, I believe there are some in the UK, I used the Jay Robb whey protein isolate powders in vanilla and chocolate.
    I work with the public, and people are really noticing and commenting on my weight loss now. What I hear the most is- you've always dressed nice and looked nice, but now my goodness you are so pretty! So, tell me what you REALLY thought of me before I lost weight.... LOL!
    Maybe because if someone was never obese they are not in touch with how even positive remarks about someone's weight loss may bring up bad feelings.

I am sure almost all of those people had good intentions, the words some of them use are not always the best choice.
    I love hearing how good I look. People are really curious especially when they have some weight to lose themselves. I know I looked horrible before and hearing the compliments almost daily really boosts my confidence. My stepmom tells me it looks like I've lost weight every time I see her, even though I didn't lose anything for almost 4 months. I finally started losing again last week and can't wait for more compliments!
    I hear the same thing as you in my head, that I must have been really fat before. The weird thing is I haven't lost a pound in a year, and I still continually hear how much weight I am losing. Really?!? This August 2nd I look exactly the same as I did last August 2nd, so what's going on here? Maybe commenting on my weight is all people can think of to talk about? It can't be such a shock to see me as regular-sized as time goes on.
    I rather hear that than wow, looks like you put on a few pounds lol
    I try to remember...."WHAT YOU THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS"........
    I don't understand why people are so occupied with worrying about another persons weight!
    It depends on who's saying it.....
    Now I'm getting the "you lost weight, you look great but don't loose anymore"
    ........soooo, I was too heavy before and now I'm not heavy enough?
    Just. Annoying.
    HAHAH I love it! I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way. But you are right, people ask me how I feel as well. And I crush them but saying that I still feel pretty shitty. I am tired all the time, I am always hungry, etc. Then I wait for them to scramble with something to say.

And you are right, some people are quite sincere about it. But others, I just want to punch in the face.
    Okay, I deal with similar thoughts when some people say things to me about how good I am doing or when they ask if I feel better. Pisses me off really bad sometimes! Some are genuine and are happy for me and I can tell. Others are like you said, thank goodness you lost weight! Makes you feel like you disgusted them anytime they had to look at you. Not sure why, but I wanna smack some of them. I had a lady the other day say, "Wow, you've lost weight. I KNOW you HAVE to feel better!" Number one, she's never been nice to me. Number two, I have never told her I felt bad. Number three, keep your snooty nose outta my business. End of rant! LOL
    I have relied on premade protein shakes, don't like the powders. Not sure about the UK but in the US I enjoy Premier Protein shakes and bars.
    Good luck with your surgery!!!!!