Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ali72

1. October 22, 2015 my rebirth

One year ago tomorrow my life changed for the better. I was registered and checked into McAllen Heart Hospital for Gastric Sleeve surgery. My mom, I think was more nervous than I. My nervousness came from not knowing how many times they would poke me with a needle to get the IV in. Thank God the nurse got it in one shot. I eventually got wheeled into the operating room. I was knocked out and had 80% of my stomach removed. Surgery went well and I was sent home the next day. Since then, it ...
  2. 3 months post-op

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 month post op.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	25410

I am now 3 months post op. Everything is going great!!! I am down 64 pounds since day of surgery and couldn't be happier. I have gained so much confidence, love how I feel and enjoy doing everyday things. I haven't had any food issues. I continue to measure everything and follow my doctor's nutrition guide and diet plan. I have gone from a size 28 to size 22. I cannot remember the last time I wore a size 22. The only thing is,I want to buy clothes ...
  3. Hi!!

Just dropping in to say hello to everyone!!! Hope you are having a Fabulous Day!!
  4. Hello everyone!!

Hi!! It’s been a while since I have been on here. I was sleeved on 10/22. Let me tell you, it’s been an adventure. First week was a little rough from the pain of the incisions. I had the nurses give me a binder and that eased the pain so much. I only used it for about 10 days. So far in the past 6 weeks, I have lost 35 pounds. My blood pressure is normal and so are my sugars. That right there was my first goal, to get all that in control. Food wise, I am following the plan my dietician ...
  5. What should I take with me?

Just curious as to what extras I should take with me to the hospital to make my stay comfortable? Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast