Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I am glad to see this post and your reply Ann2, because I am sitting here now trying to eat some protein and i feel as though i just cannot do it. I also had a hiatal hernia repair so that very well may be it.

Thanks again
    what she said!!
    You said: "I ... have only lost 22 pounds in 3 weeks, that is including my pre-op diet. Frustrating to say the least."

LOL! You're frustrated because you've lost over 1 pound per day for the last 3 weeks?

That is an amazing weight loss. Your higher expectations for your rate of weight loss are unrealistic.

To preserve your future sanity, please take a look at the weight loss tickers around here of folks who've lost all their excess weight. (Some people also post their monthly weight losses in their signature blocks, which appear on their forum posts.) Patients who started at higher weights and are younger men are the only ones who lose weight faster than you're losing right now. You are doing amazingly well.

BTW, those feelings of food being "stuck" could be (?) that your surgeon repaired a hiatal hernia during your surgery. If so, that area is probably still a bit swollen and healing.

Truly -- you're doing just great.
    I tired of the sweet drinks, too. So I mixed Unjury unflavored protein powder in every broth and cream soup I could find.....cream of shrimp, French onion, broccoli cheese, hot and sour, tortilla, Thai curry, cream of asparagus, portobello mushroom, etc. during my liquid stage I usually diluted it with milk or water, blended it, and then strained any chunks. Once in soft stage, I skipped the straining part.

As for the sugar free crap, I could not tolerate artificial sweeteners for about 4 months....gave me severe pains. So I just drank decaf herbal tea, regular vitamin water, regular sports drinks, and 100% fruit juice. Since everything tasted too sweet to me, I diluted them 1/2 and 1/2 with water and they went down fine. And no, the real sugar did not prevent me from losing ALL of my excess weight
    I told my husband that whatever room I am in, is a no eating zone! Not hungry but the smell of food makes me think I want it. Six more days until I can try the pureed diet.
    I understand…I am so ready to get back to normal..well, my new normal. Tonight my fiancé was eating a burger from Sonic and it looked so good. Wasn't hungry for it…just missed the satisfaction of it.
    Thanks for the suggestions and support! ��
    I had tried something that had sugar in it and felt flushed, heartracing, hot/cold, dizzy feeling like I was going to pass out, so it id definitely worth NOT eating it. cream of anything 1/2 water half soup has been going down well and is good!
    Yes, I decided to practice taking small sips before surgery so I would be better able to afterwards. I do miss a mouthful of food.... odd as that may sound. And mouth has been really dry, I am not getting much more liquids in than you. can't wait to be able to DRINK. I'm used to drinking 3-4 44oz diet cokes a day (contributing to the weight prob I'm sure)
    Sleeved 5/29 mexico.
    I can't do the sugar free anything, try the vitamin water zero, it is the only sugar free drink I can tolerate, plus it has other vitamins in it...it uses the stevia leaf extract.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am trying to be optimistic. :-)
    I was so remorseful for more than a month until I started to see more weight loss and I was wearing smaller sizes of clothes. And needed smaller shoes. I do not regret the surgery, now 6 months out. Once you start eating like a normal human being, it gets even better.
    the "buyers remorse" will go away..it is a head trip...just do some great self talk and you will be fine..it is the first week..and all those hormones..i definately went thru it..

i cant believe you are working..take care of that tender tummy of yours!!