Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DonnaGJ

1. 06/05 VSG - 17 days out

I am still working 48 hours a week, but, continue to wear an abdominal binder. ...trying to be safe and careful. I am still having difficulty with swallowing small amounts, and getting enough liquids in. Each bite or sip feels like it gets stuck, at least for a few moments with water, longer with mushies. A 1/4 cup is the most I can handle of anything. I have found that I can tolerate a mini bell cheese, if I chew it to the liquid state. I am really tired of trying to eat and not get things stuck. ...
  2. 9 days post VSG....Hungry

So... I am hungry. ..but, I feel full. I am having to learn that, just because my mouth wants something to taste, doesn't mean I need to eat. Sigh! Also. ..I'm having a hard time remembering that I have to sit up, each time I take a sip of water, throughout my bedtime.
    On a good note, I worked 2 nights in a row, and still feel great! I definitely get help for any lifting & ect. , and am faithful to use the abdomen binder. I hate how the stupid thing rolls up to my waist. ..hips are ...
  3. 9 days post VSG....Hungry

So... I am hungry. ..but, I feel full. I am having to learn that, just because my mouth wants something to taste, doesn't mean I need to eat. Sigh! Also. ..I'm having a hard time remembering that I have to sit up, each time I take a sip of water, throughout my bedtime.
    On a good note, I worked 2 nights in a row, and still feel great! I definitely get help for any lifting & ect. , and am faithful to use the abdomen binder. I hate how the stupid thing rolls up to my waist. ..hips are ...
  4. I really hate the sweet drinks

I have managed to drink 1 protein drink, and am sipping on water. I also have had a "go-go" mixed fruit applesauce. My meds went down okay, too. I am realizing that my mouth holds to much for my new stomach, and must slow down when swallowing, to accommodate the amount. I am craving savory foods, and am already sick of SF anything. Even smelling the drinks are just to gross for words!
    I have noticed a water shift , as my urinating is disproportionate to my intake. I am only getting ...
  5. day 5 post op

Well, call me crazy, but, I did make it through work last night. Thank God for help from the staff. I lied about what type of surgery, but, they all helped away. I did wear a high abdominal panty girdle, to protect myself.
    I am still grossly nauseous, and cannot find a flavor I can tolerate. I am getting enough in, and am urinating adequately. I still feel bloated. I have also had the WTH! This is NOT reversible! Panic attacks. ...with the unfortunate visualization of my excised stomach. ...