Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Awww sugar. That would make me upset too. nag in there. It will be better.
    Totally - (Not during the pre op part because I had already made my decision then) but then I remembered all the 100's of other times that I had managed to lose weight only to gain it all back (and more).
    Being sleeved Is the best thing that I have ever done for myself.
    Hope all goes well for you.
    My surgery is Dec 11th. Im ready to back out today but I know I have to push through. Yikes!
    The pre-op diet does suck, but it is SO worth it in the long run. Just look through some of those catalogs arriving in the mail and imagining ordering anything you want in tiny sizes. It's like a dream come true!

Your photo is gorgeous, doesn't look like you have weight to lose!
    This post was before my last minute back out of surgery.
    Hi Nickaj
    You story sounds all too familiar. Had gastric 10 years ago under my insurance. I now work for myself and my insurance doesn't cover it. So, please make the sacrifice and do it for yourself if you can and only if you are ready to do the work. My prayers and blessing are with you.
    Congratulations, I understand how difficult the wait can be, when our physical and mental health is at stake. I too would like the names of your Yes people as I am working on saving but most likely won't have the money until December. I will wait if I need to but would prefer not to, so I don't give myself the chance to change my mind. Would mind PM'ing me and letting me know? Good luck
    Mychal
    I just adored your note....thank you. It puts our prep work prior to surgery into practice you have your head on straight. I put my team on you for success along the way!
    I have a food tantrum everytime I'm around my mom's home cooked meals and can't eat everything! I'm hoping it gets easier as time goes on. Welcome to my world! LOL.......
    Congrats!!!I say go for it NOW ... when god opens a door its important that we walk thru it ... Congrats again
    Quote Originally Posted by MBL
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! As an aside, could you PM me the names of the approvers I am interested for possible plastics....
    sorry about the delay. I have sent them to you today.
    hahaha..that's funny and thank you for the laugh.. you will be fine....You got this
    Sometimes we just get our heart set on something!
    Appears that a some folks are using them and saying it works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by CMG214
    following...I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
    You ladies are really putting in the work....Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjbmommy
    Yes. I've worn compression garments since about 1 week post op. I wear the full body suits to sleep in. Now that's it's warm I wear a sleeveless suit under my clothes during the day. I have almost no loose skin. I'm 4.5 months out and down around 56-57 lbs. The suits aren't cheap, but i feel they do help me.
    Wow congrats on the weight loss and thanks so much for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by lavishcorpchic
    I wear spanks and also i tried the waist training and shappers. I do feel that they help alot. I carry majority of my weight in my butt and thighs but i do also have a little stomach. I feel like the shappers are really helping my stomach area tone and shirk with my drastic weight loss. I'm 10 months post op and i'm down 115 lbs. So yes try one and you will see the difference.
    I wear spanks and also i tried the waist training and shappers. I do feel that they help alot. I carry majority of my weight in my butt and thighs but i do also have a little stomach. I feel like the shappers are really helping my stomach area tone and shirk with my drastic weight loss. I'm 10 months post op and i'm down 115 lbs. So yes try one and you will see the difference.
    Yes. I've worn compression garments since about 1 week post op. I wear the full body suits to sleep in. Now that's it's warm I wear a sleeveless suit under my clothes during the day. I have almost no loose skin. I'm 4.5 months out and down around 56-57 lbs. The suits aren't cheap, but i feel they do help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by williams3234
    I am 9 months out, and have been using some form of compression garments 2 weeks post surgery. Of course in the beginning I use very lightweight garments, but as time past and I felt my stomach was healed enough I then began to wear more firm garment compression. I feel that it gives me a better look in clothes as well as help with the weight loss process. I have a flatter stomach without alot of loose skin, and I believe it is from the compression garments. I actually have 3 of the styles that you have in your picture and was able to get them from a thrift store for $2.99 each versus $109.00 that I would have to pay online. Hopefully this helps!

Thanks it really does help. I am trying to get some ideas for after my surgery. I wasn't sure if this would really work or not, since I only have 1 (now 2) sources that said it worked for them.
    anyone else had any successes?
    I am 9 months out, and have been using some form of compression garments 2 weeks post surgery. Of course in the beginning I use very lightweight garments, but as time past and I felt my stomach was healed enough I then began to wear more firm garment compression. I feel that it gives me a better look in clothes as well as help with the weight loss process. I have a flatter stomach without alot of loose skin, and I believe it is from the compression garments. I actually have 3 of the styles that you have in your picture and was able to get them from a thrift store for $2.99 each versus $109.00 that I would have to pay online. Hopefully this helps!
    following...I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
    Congratulations on your future surgery!!
    Congratulations! God is faithful! It was prophesied to me that God would make a way for me to Hv bariatric surgery about 10+ yrs ago. I had tried several times to get the procedure, attended several seminars for the lap band & gastric bypass. But everytime I got closed doors. The closest I got was when I had Kaiser, about 4 yrs ago. I was put on a WAITLIST. Then I lost my job. A month later they called and said it was my turn. All I could do was cry! Long story short, last year I qualified for insurance assistance and I decided to pursue the surgery again. And I finally got my YES! My surgery was 6 weeks ago. God knows the right time! He hears us and sees what we go thru. Take this to Him and ask for His perfect timing! He will open or close doors. Wisdom is needed for taking on debt, like what are the interest rates etc. God bless you beautiful! God's walking this with you.
    I dont know what your paying but I flew from el paso to san diago and had my surgery at the obesity free clinic for 4500 with Dr. Sergio Verboonen. It was an A experience and I would recommend it to anyone. The hospital wanted 14k uninsured which is crazy. Many people go to mexico for medical tourism because it saves thousands of dollars, and that is even with top insurance.
    It's meant to be and I couldn't be happier for you!!!
    Good news!
    Yay! Congrats. Good luck on this journey. It's a chance at a new beginning.
    Congratulations!! As for the timing, for me I needed to go as soon as possible because I didn't want to 2nd guess myself and back out. But it is really up to you.
    Congratulations!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast